- Chapter 1 - wrong time to knock -

*
  *
    *
      *
        *
          *
Joyce byers sat in her bathroom as the floor boards creaked under her way. Sobbing and gasping for air. She was home alone so Jonathan and Will couldn't hear her. They were at the wheelers, like always. Joyces' train of thought was broken as she heard a knock on the door. She walked out the bathroom and wiped away the tears before opening the front door. "Joyce we ne- woah are you ok? Your eyes are bright red?" The tall, scruffy man asked as he slowly took of his hat. "Yes, yes I'm ok. I just-" Joyce cut herself off as she began to cry again. Hopper wrapped his arms around her and held her close to him. "Hey, hey it's ok." He said as Joyce's body shook in fear.

After she calmed down a bit she let hopper inside the old house. "So why did you come here?" Joyce said, trying to stop her voice from shaking. "I just needed you to sign a few papers down at the station"He said looking at her worriedly. "But if you don't feel up for it we can do it another time" he added. "No it's ok. Let me just get my coat on." She said walking towards where her coat was hung up neatly.  She put it on and they both walked towards the blazer that was parked outside. They both got inside and hopper started the ignition. "So what made you so upset?" Hopper asked wondering if he went too far. "Oh um it's nothing really. What are these papers about?" She asked, forcing a smile on her face. "Joyce" hopper asked bluntly. "Is it Will?" He asked after a long pause. Joyce ignored the questions and stared out the widow. Hopper look away from the road and glances at Joyce, who sat looking through the glass. He decided to leave it.

Flashbacks (Joyce's POV):
The demodogs Began ripping apart all the people i loved in front of me as i sat strapped to a chair. "STOP!" I yelled as tears rapidly fell from my eyes.