-Chapter 2-safe to scared-

"JOYCE?!" Hopper yelled as he stood holding open her door. He clearly had been calling her name for a while. "Huh. What?" Joyce stuttered. "I-I just watched you, the demodogs, what?" Joyce added breathing rapidly. she got out the car and looked around, breathing getting faster. "Joyce, it's ok your safe." Hopper said sternly as he locked eyes with her, placing his big hands on her slim shoulders. Hopper pulled Joyce in for a hug and for once, she felt safe.

The hug ended after there was a voice yelling from the door of the station. "Chief, are you just going to stand out there?" Florence asked sarcastically. The quickly pulled away from each other. "Y-yeah just coming." Hopper blurted out. Flo walked back inside and hopper turned his attention to the beautiful woman in tears beside him. "We should go inside. I really need those papers signed." Hopper said as he walked towards the station door. Joyce followed him in as he got greeted by Callahan who was reading the new copy of
Hawkins post. "Aye, good morning chief. Joyce your new girlfriend?" He joked. Hopper chuckled under is breath before replying. "hilarious. Anything interesting going on in this boring town?" Hopper asked being serious. Joyce looked away from her shoes and bit her lip. The words boring town made her think of all the horrible things that have happened In the past. She stopped to think before running out the station. Hopper, who was too focused in his conversation with Callahan, hadn't seen Joyce leave.

Joyce ran down the road, where she was met with a alley way. She dashed into in and slid her back down the wall. She put her hands in her head and sobbed quietly, making sure no one else heard her. Unfortunately, someone did. It was him. "Baby, what a surprise! How's my boys, what are their names again?" Lonnie said as he stood with a beer in hand, clearly high on something. He crouched down so him and Joyce where eye level. "What's wrong Joyce? Another boyfriend dumbed you? Not surprised." He said as he got back up and stared down at the traumatised reck Joyce was. "Lonnie get away from me." She said as she stumbled through her words, getting on her feet.

Back at the station
Hopper, who was now bending down and reading were Callahans finger was on the paper. "Another missing kid." Callahan said looking worriedly at Jim's face. Hopper turned to were Joyce stood 5 minutes ago. "Hey, speaking of missing people, where's Joyce?" Hopper said before he started practically running around the whole station. "I saw her leave a few minutes ago, hop." Flo said putting her hand in his shoulder, trying to calm the frantic man. "Shit." Hopper mumbled under his breath. He put on his hat which was sat on the table and ran out the door. "Girlfriend issues" Callahan said rolling his eyes. Looking back at his paper.