-chapter 5-why me?-

-time skip-

"mum!" Will yelled as his mothers eyes slowly opened. Joyce had regained consciousness. "huh? What?" Joyce murmured, still opening her eyes. "ma'am you passed out, we need to take you to hospital just to run some tests. Is that ok?" a paramedic said leaning over Joyce, strapping her in a stretcher. "yes. How long was I out for?" Joyce said in a tired voice. "twenty minuets. Your two boys called and we came as soon as we could." The paramedic replied. They wheeled her inside the ambulance and began to drove to the hospital. Karen wheeler had come over with Will and Nancy to keep to two byers boys company. "Does El know?" Nancy asked biting her fingernails. "No. We should probably go and tell her though." Jonathan replied. They all agreed and Karen drove them all to hoppers cabin, and Mike knocked on the door. After a few seconds El had opened the door and was looking at all 5 of them. "Hi, what's wrong?" the teen said as her eyebrows curled inwards. "Hi El, can we please come in. We need to talk to you about something." Mike said, with a worried look on his face. The five of them walked in and they all gathered round the tv. Jonathan and Nancy holding hands. Mike and eleven sitting close together and Karen who was about to break the news to the nervous girl in front of her. "El, i don't know if you knew or not but your dad went to New York for a police duty. Unfortunately he didn't make it out." Karen said rubbing elevens hands softly. Eleven cried into mikes shoulder as all the others looked around the room, trying to find the right words to say. After an awkward pause, Karen broke the silence "El, we need to go and check on joyce. She passed out and now shes in the hospital. Would you like to come?" "o-ok. Where will I stay though?" eleven mumbled through sobs. "I'm sure once joyce is allowed home she'll let you stay with her." Karen said as she got up. Everyone got in the car and they drove to the hospital. The drive wasn't long, maybe 5 minuets at the most. But it felt like an eternity. Eleven was still softly crying as the others did there best to comfort her. Eleven always thought of hopper as the only parental figure she had. He always kept her safe, so his death had a huge impact on her. When they made it to the hospital, they got out the car and rushed inside. "two at a time" the nurse yelled angrily. "Will and Jonathan you boys go ahead. Well be in the waiting room over there." Mrs wheeler said, pointing to the gathering of chairs.

Will and Jonathan made there way inside the elevator. There was an silence until Will spoke. "what are we going to do?" he mumble as he began crying. "Hey, its going to be ok. We're going to ok." Jonathan said hugging his younger brother. "is El going to be are sister?" Will said as they walked towards the room the nurse said there mum was in. "not sure" Jonathan replied as they entered the room. "mum!" Will yelled as he saw she was ok. "hey boys" joyce said softly. "how are you holding up?" Jonathan asked scratching the back of his neck. "ha well ive been better" joyce answered. "hello, sorry to interrupted but ive been informed that your allowed to leave whenever." A nurse said as she popped her head In the door. "ahh thank you" joyce said as the nurse left. 

-Time skip-

Joyce was now sat in front of her tv. Karen insisted she took it easy after everything today. Eleven, Mike and Will were all sitting in Will's bedroom, all there faces were pale. Jonathan, Nancy and Karen were all out collecting elevens things from hoppers cabin. "Chief Jim Hopper, dies in a explosion in the Elmont hospital, New York." Joyce turned off the tv and began silently crying, head in hands. Why did this always happen to her? She hadn't even told him how she felt. Stupid. Joyce thought over and over again.