-Chapter 4- lightheaded

"Well, Joyce it seems like you have been through it all." The therapist chuckled sarcastically. "I knew it was a mistake booking this." Joyce whispered under her breath. "Does it feel good to tell someone about this?" The therapist asked after hearing Joyce's response. "Yes. But im just confused." Joyce said looking down at her shoes, sighing. "Confused about what Joyce? There isn't a lot to be confused about. Your ex tried to kill you then you boyfriend came and handled him, while you had a panic attack." The therapist said trying to sound helpful. "Hop isn't my boyfriend." Joyce said laughing. "I'm confused about, well, Jim." Joyce added. "What about Jim?"
"If he loves me." Joyce stated, but slowly realising she just said that all out loud. "Ahh, I understand now. Have you tried telling him how you feel?" The therapist said.

-Time skip-

"Hopper? Hello?" Joyce yelled as she stood outside hopper and elevens cabin. The door opened after a few seconds and there stood a very confused el. "Hey sweetie. Is your dad here, I need to talk to him?" Joyce said in a kind voice. "No, he got called in for a duty." The teen replied. "Oh ok thanks, bye." Joyce said as she closed the door behind her. She sighed as she walked back to her car. She took a shaky, breath in before driving off back to her house.

When she arrived she home she was greeted by Jonathan and Will standing outside. They glanced at each other before looking back to there mother getting out her car. "What going on? Why are you guys outside it's freezing!?" Joyce asked rubbing her arms to keep her warm. She hurried inside and the two, worried boys followed. "mum, we need to talk to you about hopper." Jonathan said, as he and Will sat down on the couch. A very confused Joyce sat down next to her two sons, "guys whats going on? What happened to hopper?" Joyce said with a blank face. Jonathan sighed before explaining. "hopper had to go to New York to find out about another missing kid. But when he was sneaking into the lab, it...exploded and he..."Jonathan stopped himself, as he saw his mums eyes fill with tears. "im sorry mum. Its all over the news." Jonathan added, putting his arms around his mothers shoulders. Joyce was in shock. Her vision went blurry and sound around her faded. Then. Black.

A/N heyy, i'm sorry this is a short chapter the next one will be longer and a bit more exciting