-chapter 6- He's alive?-

-Time skip-

It had been a few weeks since hoppers death and Joyce still didn't want to accept that he, Jim Hopper, was dead. Eleven was now living with the byers, she settled in well but she also didn't want to believe her dad died so suddenly. Joyce was in her bedroom, getting dressed, when she found a note from hopper. To Joyce Horowitz 1953. It read on the top. Joyce had had enough, she began packing her bag and drove to the airport. She'd told the boys and El she was going away for a bit and she'll back in a few days. Joyce got on the next flight to New York. She didn't have a clue what she would do there, but she wanted to find out the truth about hopper. She needed him. When she arrived in New York, she got into a taxi and it drove to the cheapest hotel she could find. Joyce arrived in her room and lay on the bed. She was just about to fall asleep when the phone rang. She sprung to her feet and picked up the phone. "Hello?" Joyce said, speaking into the microphone. "Joyce, its Murray" "Murray? What's wrong?" Joyce asked, curiosity taking over her. "it's Jim, he's alive!" Murray shouted. "Murray he died in a fire a few weeks ago" Joyce said not believing him. Joyce didn't want to believe anything anymore. "no, no he's alive in a hotel in New York" Murray said trying to explain to the confused woman on the other side of the phone. "B-but I'm in New York" Joyce said starting to believe him. "murray I hope you're not drunk. Is he actually still alive?" Joyce asked, being serious. "joyce, listen, I know after everything that's happened you wont believe me but im being serious. He's in the plaza hotel, are you near there?" murray said. "yes I think I remember that when I went past in the taxi. Anyway, how do you know all this?" joyce said getting on her feet."he sent me a note, he didn't want to alarm you. You two lovebirds told each other yet?" murray asked with a smirk on his face. "joyce...hello?" murray called, but no response.

Joyce got In the next taxi she could get in and it told the driver the address murray gave her. The ride was short but joyce made sure she took in the view. It was a lot bigger than the small town of Hawkins, huge buildings and honking cars everywhere. When the taxi pulled up outside the plaza hotel joyce said thank you to the driver and walked inside the hotel. She walked up to the front counter "hello. Im Jim Hoppers fiancé, we lost are key and need a new one. Is that possible?" joyce said as she shuffled her feet, nervous. "of course ma'am, here" the receptionist said handing joyce a key. She couldn't believe it, Hopper was alive! Joyce took the key, 318, it read. She got inside the lift, palms sweating and hands shaking slightly. Once the lift reached floor 3, joyce followed the arrows and after some walking, she eventually found herself stood outside the room 318. She took the key and unlocked the door. As she pushed it, it slowly opened. There stood the man she travled 750km for. Jim Hopper. Joyce covered her mouth with her hands and tears of joy burst from her eyes. She ran up to hopper and collapsed in his arms. Hopper wrapped his arms around her small waist and kissed the top of her head. Joyce pulled away from the comforting hug "your alive" joyce squealed with a smile on her face. "I guess I am" hopper replied. "oh, I've missed you so much." Joyce said wiping her eyes with her sweater sleeve. "is El staying with you?" hopper asked. "yes" joyce answered. "why didn't you come home hop?" she asked after a small silence. "I needed to stay here for duty" he replied. "but everyone thought you were dead?" joyce asked as one of her eyebrows raised. "what? I came here for a police duty. I had to talk to another one of brenners experiments." Hopper explained whilst joyce stood in shock. "and you didn't think to call me? Hopper I was worried sick, I passed out after hearing you had died." Joyce yelled angrily. "im sorry joyce I didn't know that everyone accused me of dead. I should of called your right. Im sorry" hopper said walking away from joyce. "no, im sorry I yelled..." joyce said sitting herself down on a couch. "my flight leaves tonight so do you want to go get some food?" hopper asked? "sure, but first I should call in to see if Will, Jonathan and El are ok." joyce replied walking over to the phone. "h-hello?" Jonathan said on the otherside of the phone. "hey john, its mum" joyce answered. "oh hey, mum how are you?" Jonathan asked. "umm im good thank you, hopper isn't dead!!" joyce exclaimed. "what! Oh my gosh i'll let El know. When will you be back?" Jonathan asked. "tomorrow. See you then." Joyce replied whilst putting the phone down.

A/N Hi, so i know this chapter is kinda rushed but i hope you liked it !!!