-chapter 7-feelings have been shared-

At the Restaurant

"Sorry its nothing fancy." Hopper said as his eyes darted around the room trying to avoid eye contact. Joyce reached over the table and grabbed hoppers hands. "its fine hop." Joyce replied. Their conversation was interrupted "have you both decide on what your having?" the waiter said as joyce pulled her hands away from his. "umm ill have the pulled pork please." Hopper said looking at the young boy writing down his order. "ok, and for you ma'am?" he asked. "ill just have water please" joyce said quietly. "joyce is that all your going to have?" hopper asked in a worried tone. "yes? Im not very hungry" joyce replied in a angrier voice she wanted to use. "coming right up." The waiter said as he walked away. "joyce you can talk to me." Hopper said looking into her beautiful, brown eyes. "hopper im fine." She said as she got up and walked towards the door, "where are you going?" hopper said getting up but sat back down after being stopped by joyce. "hopper im fine, im just going to get some air." After joyce made it outside she took out a cigarette and lit it. A few minuets passed and hopper was getting more anxious by the minuet. He decide to go and check on joyce. He walked outside and saw her standing, back against the wall. "Hey" hopper said, slowly moving closer to where she was standing. "hi" joyce mumbled. "are you ready to come inside the food will be ready soon?" hopper asked. "yeah, just give me a minuet" joyce replied not making eye contact with the only man she has truly had feelings for. Hopper walked back inside just in time. The same waiter placed down his food infront of him."where has your wife gone?" the confused young man asked. my wife? Hoper thought. "she needed some air, shes fine." Hopper said in a reassuring voice, but in reality he knew she wasn't ok. He knew she was hiding something. After 10 minuets hopper had finished his food and paid. He made his way outside, but there was no joyce. Hopper walked around, looking for joyce, before deciding that he should go back to hotel incase she went back. He opened the door and saw joyce crying on the bed. "joyce, what happened?" hopper asked trying to reassure her. No answer. Joyce just held hopper. "joyce you need to at least try to tell me whats going on." Hopper asked as she cried into his arms. "i-I don't know anymore hop. I just don't know." Joyce replied in between sobs. Hopper didn't say anything after that. He just let her cry. After a few minuets passed he glanced at the clock 8:28 "shit" hopper mumbled. "what is it?" joyce asked worriedly. "we need to go if we are going to catch this flight." Hopper said getting up from the bed. The two got ready to leave and made there way to the airport. Joyce brought a ticket and they both boarded the plane. When they both got settled in there seats, joyce decide to start a conversation. "so do you have any idea why did everyone thought you were dead?" joyce asked before yawing. "I only just made it out before the whole building went off in flames." Hopper joked. "joyce please tell me whats going on. You've been acting wired lately, and I don't want you to hide it." Hopper added looking into her eyes. There was a pause before anyone said anything. "love anxiety" joyce replied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived home, it was a little past midnight "DAD!!" eleven said running up to hopper who was standing in the byers front door frame. "hey kid" hopper said hugging her. "I knew you were still alive, I knew it." Eleven told him. "El go and get your things we should go, its late." hopper said letting go of El. "no, you cant drive home at this hour. stay." Joyce said, practically begging him. "ok, I suppose I have clothes and so does el." Hopper replied. After they put the kids to bed, they both sat on the sofa and decide on a movie. "hey joyce" hopper asked in a shaky voice. "yes hop?" joyce said as her head turned to meet his ocean eyes. "what did you mean 'love anxiety'?" hopper asked. Joyce swallowed a lump in her throat. "hopper i-" hopper cut her off as he put his hands on her cheeks. They both leaned in, and both there hearts skipped a beat when there lips touched.

They both pulled away from the kiss, out of breath.

"I've loved you forever hopper." Joyce said, still processing what just happened. "me too joyce, me too." Hopper said. Hands holding, they both paid there attention back to the tv. After the movie ended they both decided they should go to bed. Joyce walked off and came back with a blanket and pillow and hopper made himself at home. They said goodnight and then both went to bed. The house was silent. 

A/N wow thank you so much for all the votes!! im really glad people are enjoying it. i hope you like this chapter, as it was one of my favorites to write! if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thank you <33