Frigga

Loki rushed in, thinking Aurora was hurt. He did try to prepare himself for the worst when he heard her scream.

She could be getting kidnapped, being taken away from him yet again. She could be sitting on the ground, haunted by her own mind, again. Hell she could even be dead. But what he saw when he entered the room, he didn't prepare himself for. No, he definitely wasn't ready for that.

It broke him...

He slipped to the ground, his legs not able to carry him any longer. He closed his eyes, his eyes not quite believing the scene happening right in front of them. He had to open them though. He had to be sure.

So he did. He looked at the two figures hugging each other on the ground. He looked at Aurora, his best friend, his lover. He watched her as she clung to the figure in front of her for dear life, crying, letting everything out. Loki slowly set his eyes on the other figure...

Frigga...

His mother. His not so dead mother whom he missed so much.

Frigga was watching Loki while hugging Aurora. She knew she had to explain everything. She knew Loki was having a battle inside his head at this very moment. His life had always been full of lies and betrayals. She knew she was adding one more unforgivable lie to his life when she decided to make him believe her dead. But she had to do it. Not just for Loki but also for Aurora.

She lifted one of her hands, inviting Loki to stop him from thinking. Loki was crying silent tears, and as she lifted her hand, he let out a heartbreaking sob. He ran to them. And he hugged them so tight that he feared he would crush them

All the explaining could wait. They all needed this right now. They needed it. They deserved it.