The Aftermath

Watch the episode above before reading this chapter!

NO POV

The great devourer has been killed by the combined effort of the ninja and Garmadon. Who would've thought that Lloyd's father was going to a hero. The green ninja is obviously proud of his dad for doing the right. However he took the 4 golden weapons with him which could only mean he's planing something sinister. This imply that Lloyd will need to stop his father sooner or later as it's his destiny.

The ninja can now take a small break after this whole snake ordeal. But with Sensei Wu back alive their break probably won't last long. Their little celebration was short lived as now they need to deal with the Aftermath. There's green goo all around the ninjago city which is the remain of the devourer. It's their job to help the citizens afterall.

Nya and Sensei Wu went of to attend something else. They also took Lloyd along with them. Kai and Jay have decided to take care of the outer part of the city. That leaves Cole and Zane to help the inner part. The two of are more responsible so it's better that they're tasked with this. They quickly started their work so they can cover as much ground as possible.

Ninjago city

Cole and Zane determined that it's best that the two of them split up. They need to finish things as soon as possible just incase something bad happens again. After all Garmadon has the four golden weapons so who knows what he might want to do. He could strike the city at any moment if want to and cause more chaos. Hopefully that's not the case here for them.

Since their weapons are now gone, they have to do things the hard way. This means their objective might take a lot longer to do. The ninjas use their spinjitzu move to clean up the green goo and it works pretty well. Some citizens also helped them with the clean up which lessen their work. The master of ice managed to finish his part first so he headed back to check on how his friend is doing.

"Do you need any help?" He appears from the corner of a building

"Huh? No I'm fine sir." Cole didn't realized it was Zane's voice as he has his back turned away from him.

"Sir? Why so formal?" The nindroid approach him who's panting a little.

"Oh hey there buddy, sorry I didn't know it was you..." He turns around as he slowly breaths normally.

"It seems like you need some assistance." Zane observed that there's still a lot of things that need to be done.

"Uhh maybe, but how did you finish so quickly?" Cole said.

"I'm a nindroid remember? And I got some help from the locals."He answered.

"Okay well if you don't mind helping me out then sure go ahead!" The black ninja uses his spinjitzu move and begins cleaning the green goo as Zane assists him.

An hour later

"And I think we're finished!" Cole shouted excitedly as he looks around.

"Mhm, it took a lot faster than I anticipated." The white ninja looks around to make sure they didn't miss a spot.

"Aw man there's some green goo stuck in my clothes..." He stares down on his stained attire.

"Let me help you." Zane make his way to him and tries his best to get rid of the substance from the fabric carefully.

"Zane... I think that's good enough." Cole is a bit flustered about the position their currently in, especially with how close his friend is to him.

"I think you're right, I can't seem to fully remove it. But since you're outfit is black, it shouldn't be that visible." He steps back a little still staring down at Cole's shirt.

"Uh... Anyway... I wonder how are the others doing, maybe we should go find them?" He tries making eye contact so his teammate can stop looking at his torso.

"Perhaps we should. I must warn you that it'll take a long time, I could carry if you're exhausted?" Zane offered.

"Haha no need, I'm the strongest ninja I don't get tired." Cole however badly wanted to take the offer but he worries about him.

"Well let's go find them." The nindroid leads the way.

Time skip

After walking for a few blocks they pick up a commotion from familiar voices. The two quickly make their way to source to find out what's going on. As they walk around the corner, they could see Jay and Kai blabbering between one another. They just sighed upon seeing what the two are up to.

"You're doing it all wrong!" Jay yelled at him.

"Ugh if only Zane's here, he would've been more helpful than you!" The fire ninja lash out.

"Well he's not here so do it right!" The two clearly didn't notice that their leader and the robot is right behind them.

"Ahem! What are you two doing?" Cole tries to get their attention.

"AH!!! since when were you here???" They turned around suprised about their presence.

"We've been here for approximately 34 seconds point 786 milliseconds." Zane answered.

"Yeah, anyway you didn't reply to my question!" Cole looks at the two puzzled.

"We're just trying to fix this electrical box here, but we don't have our powers anymore so it's been quite difficult. Also Jay wasn't being very helpful!" Kai cross his arms, clearly displeased.

"I just don't want to get electrocuted okay!" The master of lighting pouts.

"It's kind of ironic, since you're the master of lighting." The black ninja shrugs.

"Perhaps the both of you should take a look at other things that might need fixings, me and Cole will take care of this." The nindroid steps forward to see what he could do while Jay and Kai left them.

"Buddy be careful! I don't want you to get electrocuted." Cole said in a worried tone.

"Don't fret, I am more than capable of handling a few shocks of electricity through my body." Zane starts tinkering with the power box while Cole watches him to make sure he's safe.

THE END

A/N: this going to be the finale chapter for season 1! I'm sorry it's kinda anti climatic but with how this episode was sandwich between the end of s1 and the start of s2 its kinda hard to make it exciting.
But anyway I'll be taking a break before I do season 2 so stay tuned for when I write a new book! Meanwhile you should follow my Twitter @.glacierluv I'm active there.
As usual remember to vote this chapter if you enjoy it and comment if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes!

word count: 1131