Miss Suzuki Miko

Word Count- 2289

Only those with excellent social standings and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time at the elite, private school, Ouran Academy. The Ouran Host Club is where the school's handsomest boys, with too much time on their hands, entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands. Just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and beautiful.

However, even those from the playground must obtain permission to do as they wish. With their King's father being the Chairman of the Board for Ouran Academy, permission usually is granted easily. However, there is one person they always need to get through- someone who holds power over those who are members of The Host Club.

"You want the biggest hall we have?" Second year student, Miko Suzuki looked up from her clipboard to a Host. Her piercing gaze broke from her glasses through his and she challenged him to convince her.

"Of course, The Host Club is here to provide the best service we can for our patrons." A small smirk on his lips meant he accepted the challenge. It was a fight that they both knew the man was going to win. He always did, of course he is always up for the banter Miko provides him.

"When is the event intended to occur." She lifted her pen and glanced at the form on her clipboard.

"A little over a week." Kyoya Ootori held up a hand to garner her attention before reaching into his blazer to take out a piece of paper. "I have it all here, there's no need to create more work for yourself."

Miko raised an eyebrow and took the folded paper from him, unfolding it to read its contents. He didn't lie, everything was filled out as he said. However, this didn't explain how he got one of the official office forms to begin with. Miko knew better than to question. With a sigh, she added the form to her clipboard before turning around to the filing cabinet behind her. She pulled out a stuffed folder with 'Host Club' written on the cover.

"Take a seat, Mr. Ootori." She gestured to the desk to her left. "While you have the event form filled, we still need to go over a few things. Knowing you, however, it won't take too long." She sat across from where he stood, crossing her ankles and placed the folder down.

"Of course." He took a seat. His eyes studied over her as she fed through the file. Her cheeks seemed a bit sunken from the last time they saw each other a few days ago. Her nails had a fresh coat of her favorite lavender color. "If you don't mind me asking, did you eat this morning?"

Miko paused her hand over the page she needed, the finance page for the Host Club. "I was running late this morning, my chauffer caught a cold and I wasn't informed until later." She took the paper out of the folder and clicked her pen. "You shouldn't be concerned, sometimes meals escape when you are consumed by work. You of all people should understand." She cleared her throat and moved to change the subject. "Now-"

"I'd like you to accompany me during lunch." He interrupted her, reaching over to grab the paper from her. "That way we can both be reminded to eat." He closed his eyes before pulling out his own pen from his breast pocket.

Miko's head turned to the side to try to hide the blush quickly forming on her face. "It's not appropriate to ask such things in this setting, Mr. Ootori." She cleared her throat and looked back at him smiling at her. "I know as a host it is your 'responsibility' to make every girl happy, but we are here to conduct business." She frowned at him and looked at the paper he was in the process of filling out when she wasn't looking.

"Of course, though the Host Club is business." He chuckled for a moment before reaching into jacket and pulling out some papers. He wrote a zero in school funding required and handed the page back to her. "There's no need to fund any part of the party, Miss Suzuki, The Host Club will cover the cost of labor and catering, we just need the location." He began to stand up, watching as Miko followed his movements.