Cousin Dearest

Word count: 6800+ Oops... we have fun here.
I HATE how creepy the Lobelia girls are, so while this chapter has them in it, they are NOT the main focus. Honestly we all know Ouran is outdated and sometimes problematic so I am trying my hardest to moderate it.

Miko groaned as she stretched her arms above her head. She was in her small room in the office where she had been for...hours. She took two of her afternoon classes off, with permission, to work on the arrangements for the upcoming expo for the neighboring school's culture clubs.

It was Friday and the Exhibition was set for next Thursday and Friday afternoons, but the work for her started early. She hadn't been around the Host Club all week while she was busy emailing schools and sending out forms to fill out. She also had to be home at a certain time today, because she had a family dinner with her mothers family. It would be the first time seeing her younger cousin Hinako since she began high school.

The last time Miko saw Hinako it worried her. The younger of the two seemed to be lonely and she didn't want her younger cousin to be taken advantage of. She's seen too many sweet people turn into something else when accepted by a group of friends. She was smart and she hoped that Lobelia was treating her well.

A knock on her door gained her attention. She turned her laptop screen at a downwards angle and called out for the person to come in. Haruhi peeked her head in, smiling, before walking in fully and shutting the door behind her. "You seem busy." She points out, nodding to all the papers around her. Heavy bags were under Miko's eyes, a sheer layer of concealer tried to cover up the darkness, but it wasn't doing much.

"Busy week, next week." Miko offered a weak smile.

"What's happening next week?"

"Thursday and Friday afternoon classes are canceled, because Ouran is hosting the annual Culture Club Exhibition." Miko reached down into her closest desk drawer and pulled out a flyer. She handed it to Haruhi who looked over it.

"How is this the first time I'm hearing about it?" She folded up the paper and put it in her pants pocket. "Anyways, that's not why I'm here." Miko raised an eyebrow as she began to shove papers in folders, cleaning up to go home. "Kyoya wanted me to tell you that he needed to give you something, but he's a bit tied up in the club room."

"And he couldn't give it to you to deliver?"

Haruhi shrugged her shoulders. "He said it as I was leaving to go home." She looked to the clock hanging on the right wall. "Speaking of which, I need to go before I miss the train. See you next week, Miko!"

"Bye Ms. Fujioka." Miko waved, watching as Haruhi closed the door behind her. She looked and felt exhausted as she packed everything else up. She packed her laptop up in her bag before turning the room's light off and heading towards the club room. Her exhaustion mixed with annoyance as this could probably be dealt with later.

She walked into the club room with out knocking. If Haruhi had left then it was safe to assume it was just Kyoya still inside. Miko knew she was correct when she saw Kyoya's head perk up and his body turn to her. He was on the phone so he held up a finger then pointed to the device to his ear. Miko's frown deepened as she tapped the imaginary watch on her wrist.

"Yes you heard me correct, two of your musketeer outfits on top of the others, I sent you the measurements ages ago." She heard him speak into the phone as she walked to sit on one of the couch. "By next Thursday." She saw the corner of his lips deepen in their frown, she raised an eyebrow. "Great, thank you." Kyoya flipped his phone shut and let out a sigh. He brought his free hand to massage his temple.

"I see you're having just as much fun as I am, Ootori." She watched him put his phone away and walk over to the couch sitting opposite of her, chuckling on his way over. He closed his eyes and leaned back.