Morning After

Jethro grabs her by the waist and pulls her in for a sensual and passionate kiss. He clears off his tool bench with his one free hand. The other hand is finding all her curves. Jethro starts helping undress her as she rips off his shirt. The two continue all night long. Soon enough both of them make their way to the bedroom where they fall asleep together in the same bed. Before Jethro finally falls asleep, he pictures flashbacks of his time in Europe with Jenny, he then starts to fear her leaving again. But with that fear is exhaustion, mental, emotional, and physical. He eventually falls asleep to her light snore- or as she would put it, her heavy breathing.

Gibbs wakes up first and lays there with the least amount of sleep. Jethro rolls over to look at Jenny. He stares at her until her light snoring tapers off. He stares at her, not moving, only breathing. She asks quietly, "Is there any particular reason why you are staring at me, Jethro?"

"I have a question..." Gibbs watches as she turns towards him. Jen looks at him waiting to ask. Gibbs begins, "Why didn't you come back with me?"

Jen takes a deep breath, "Jethro..." Gibbs waits for an answer. Jen thinks of a way to form her words properly, "You know why, Jethro..."

Jethro sits up and starts to speak more loudly, "You didn't stay with me. I loved you and you didn't love me back."

Jen sits up as well, "Love you back! Love you back? I loved you more than I loved anyone in my life. I would have given you everything if that meant I could move, but we were younger and I thought I had time. I thought that love like that would happen again because it came so easy with you. But it didn't happen again. Every day I regretted not coming with you. And for you to even insinuate that I never loved you is just- just-" Jen starts to tear up. She gets out of bed and puts on her dress from the night before, "I should go, Jethro. Clearly, we made a mistake."

"Mistake?" Gibbs feels offended, "You're calling this a mistake?"

Jen stops putting on clothes and looks at Jethro, "Yes. I'm calling this a mistake. And I have to relieve the babysitter."

Jen gets dressed and starts to head for the bedroom door when Jethro admits, "Jenny, I'm still in love with you." Jen stops in her tracks and turns around to face him. He continues, "I never fell out of love with you."

"I love you, too, Jethro-" Jen is cut off by Jethro.

Gibbs declares, "No, Jen. Like I would want to spend the rest of my life with you kind of love. Love that makes me feel like I'm back in Europe with you. It reminds me of everything we have been through. I love you like that."

Jen clenches her jaw and takes a shallow breath, "I know, Jethro. I regret not coming back to the States with you, but what the past is over and done with. So either you focus on what you have in the present, or dwell on what you had in the past. When you make a decision let me know, I'll be waiting."

Jen closes the door softly and exits the house on her own. Jethro watches as her car pulls away. Jethro dramatically falls back onto the bed and daydreams of Prague, his favorite of all the cities in Europe. Ah, Prague, such a magical time.