The Great Escape

So there's these two guys, right? Just two normal guys, just like any other. Old friends, is what they were. Two buddies, the best of friends. That is what they use to be. What they are now is enemies. Now they don't necessarily hate each other, but that didn't mean that they liked each other either. Tolerance, is what they had for each other, but that wasn't it. No, something wasn't quite right.

You see the thing about being old friends, you'd think after seeing that one certain person after so long, that there would be at least a simple "Hello, how are you today?" Then again these guys were now enemies, but why?

What led two best friends to go down the road of heartache and deafening silence?

Well you see, one guy was a hero and the other was a villain. So instead of a "Hello, how are you today?" There was a "We need to talk", after the hero took his seat.

The villain sat there quietly in the other chair, watching the hero with cold green and purple spiral eyes.

"Look, you and I, we're not so different from each other" the hero began to say, licking over his chapped lips, "I want to help you, not have your blood on my hands."

The villain scoffed, but the hero continued on with his lecture, ignoring the villain for his own sake and not to be left there to rot in his cell like he had been for almost ten years.

"I get it okay? You don't like me, I don't like you, but I think that if we at least try, then maybe we can get back on track to where we once were. So what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

The hero had hoped that his words had gotten through to the villain, but he was wrong to have thought that they could.

"Ha, ha, ha, so very funny.." the villain sarcastically stated, "You kill me Valiclan!"

The hero, Valiclan, frowned as he sat there quietly.

"You think that you can fix me?" Asked the fiend, his eyebrow raising in question, "My hero, answer me this, what is left for there to fix? What is there to go back to when all is in ruins? Tell me, because I do not see it. You're just wasting your time on a man so lost in his own mind!"

Valiclan sighed, "Well would you rather be stuck in this hell hole for the rest of your life? Or would you rather be free and have peace of mind for once?" He asked.

With a snicker, the villain sat back in his seat, "None" he chuckled, "I want none."

He then leaned forward, pressing his chest against the table, "Now let me tell you why" he grinned, "I'm a free bird already, I don't need no peace at mind, no, no, what I need and what I have is madness."

The hero made a face at the villain, "So what you're saying is that you're crazy?"

The villain sat back again, this time shaking his head as he put his feet up on the table.

"No, I'm not crazy, but I wish that I was just so that I could get away from here" he laughed.

Valiclan raised a brow as he kept quiet. It was quiet for a moment before the hero sighed and got up to his feet. He pushed in his chair and began walking out the door until he heard the villain speak once again.

"You know the thing about birdies is, that they spread the word."

Valiclan didn't know what the villain meant by that, but he knew that it wasn't good.

"So did you get him to listen?" Another man asked, a smug looking grin on his face.

"As a matter of fact, Timberlan, I did get him to listen just this once" the hero stated with annoyance clear in his tone.