Chapter 2

I waited for her bus to come. Despite what happened yesterday, my parents still sent me to school, isn't that just great? I glanced up from my phone and met eyes with the same guy that saved my life. He nodded for me to follow and I hesitated. What would he do? What would he say? Would he kill me? Wipe out my memory like some government spy? I figured the only way to find out was to follow so that's what I did.

"Did you snitch?" He asked.

I shook my head, "They asked if I saw anyone and I said no."

"What did they say?"

"They asked if I was sure, I said yes then they escorted me out."

"Good and your going to keep your mouth shut." He told me.

"Why'd you save me?"

"It was an accident." He said.

"What-" He cut me off.

"Look you never saw me, we never talked, if you ever see me again don't even make eye contact with me. From now on we've never seen each other in our lives, got it?" He asked.

I gulped and nodded.

"Good, now leave."

"Hold on!" Another voice called just as I was about to walk away.

I stopped and another guy walked down the alley.

"Your the girl who shot down the knights, huh?" He asked.

"Uh, y-yeah I guess." I stuttered.

"I like you, follow me." He told me.

"What are you doing? She's a witness and boss isnt going to be too happy about her." The guy who saved my life said.

"Calm down Kyle, she saved your ass from the slammer."

"She didn't save me from shit!" Kyle spat.

"Don't mind him, he doesn't see potential even if it knocked on his door and introduced itself." He rolled his eyes.

I nodded and followed the two as they walked.

"I'm Oliver by the way."

"Kacey."

As they kept walking, I stopped. Wait, I think I know where they're going.

"This is a shortcut." I said pointing around the corner.

"You don't even know where were going." Kyle growled.

"Were headed 71st street though, this way is a shortcut." I crossed her arms.

"We can't go that way and neither can you." Oliver told her.

"Yeah okay, I'm going this way." I said turning the corner.

"Wait!" Oliver yelled, pulling me back.

"What?" I asked pulling my arm from his grasp.

"That's Knight territory, you turn that corner and your the main target." Oliver explained.

"No, you guys are the main target. I'm just an innocent civillian." I said trying to turn the corner, but failing when Oliver pulled me back again.

"You killed there men, do you think they'll forget something like that?" Kyle asked.

I shrugged, "They couldn't possibly remember my face, could they?"

"You never forget the face of your enemy, now we're going this way." Oliver said continuing to walk straight.

Kyle glanced at me then started walking with Oliver again. I shivered at what Oliver said  and walked behind them both. Enemy. Was I now their enemy, were they out to kill me?