chapter 1: intro

For sam.

Ringggggg. The first bell. I unlocked the stall door and walked out in front of the sink. My reflection stared back at me.
I woke up late that morning. My hair fell down by my chest, my eyes looked tired, it was obvious I didn't sleep last night.
Ringggggg. Second bell. I picked up my bag and plugged in my earbuds. I couldn't wait to leave this place.
"Hey watch where you're going!" I looked up at who I just bumped into. "S- sorry" I mumbled as I walked off. I couldn't believe I just walked into our janitor, cole. He was tall with wispy black hair and tattoos running up and down his arms. His cold mysteriousness drew me in. How could someone that breathtaking work as a school janitor.
"Y/N" Emily yelled. "You've been staring into space for like a minute now, what are you thinking about?" "Nothing," I said sharply. "My god you're blushing, who are you thinking about?" Emily questioned. "No one I'm serious I was just spacing out its fine"

Class was pointless, as usual. "Excuse me sir, can I use the restroom?" I asked. "I don't know, can you?" our teacher asked in a snarky tone. I got up and left.
I walked into the girls bathroom only to find a mop bucket on the floor with a wet floor sign. One of the stalls appeared to be open. Please don't be cole, please don't be cole, I thought to myself.
After I bumped into him this morning it would be too embarrassing to run into him like this. I looked like a mess and certainly felt like one.
Cole walked out of the last and biggest stall, plunger in hand. "Hey sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to run into you like that," I said, blushing.
"Don't be sorry," he said with a little wink.
"Hey, why do you work here anyways? You dont look like you should be a school janitor,"
''Easy money. I'm saving up for college. I graduated a year early last year from a school way out in california," he said.
"Makes sense," I nodded.
"Well I have to get back to work." he said.
"Okay have fun." I replied.
I walked past him, brushing my shoulder past his arm as I went into the stall he just cleaned.
After school I went home to get ready for my sports. I couldn't get him out of my mind.

Once I got home I slipped off my school clothes and hopped into the shower. The image of Cole being in there with me ruffled my feathers. I imagined him running his hands down my body, hitting the best spots as he made his way down to my hips. His wild black hair hanging down from the weight of the water, his arms veiny and wet going up and down my body
"Y/N YOU'RE USING ALL THE HOT WATER" thanks mom for waking me from my daydream.
I went to sleep knowing the next day would be torture seeing him in the halls. I wanted him bad. Real bad. But I knew I couldn't have him. Not that way at least. He was our janitor. He would be fired if someone caught us together. I guess for now I would have to settle with just friends.