chapter 3: house party

I kept thinking about him as the week went on. I found that after I bumped into him that day last week, I would see him more often. Usually in the halls before class, or right after lunch. Almost as if we were meant to keep seeing each other.
    Word got out that one of the senior guys was throwing a party this weekend. I'm on;y a junior but a few of my friends were seniors so they wanted me to go. It seemed like everyone wanted to be there. Emily wouldn't shut up about it. I guess I'm going to the party.
    Emily got to my house two hours before the party started. We decided to get all dressed up in our hottest clothes. I wore black eyeliner and smudged it on my lower lash line. My lips were painted a deep wine red and my cheeks were stained a similar color. I wore a black velvet dress that hugged my body perfectly.
    I saw tons of people that I knew at the party. Most of them were hammered, but some of them said hi to me. Emily and I walked over to the kitchen where there were bowls of punch (probably spiked with something) and started talking with some of the people around. I didn't really care what was in the punch so I grabbed a cup and went into the living room.
    Music was blasting, louder than it should have been and people were dancing on eachother. I danced for what seemed like hours leaving every so often to get more punch. There couldn't have been too much in the punch because I felt perfectly normal.
    Once I'd had enough dancing I stepped outside to get some fresh air. I noticed someone sitting on the front steps of the porch, cup in hand.
    "Why are you sitting out here all alone?" I asked.
    "I'm not alone, you're here now" Cole replied.
    "You're so pretty," I blurted out. "But shhhh don't tell cole it's a secret"
    "Y/n you're wasted, how much have you had to drink?" Cole laughed.
    "Only a glass baby, only a glass." I guess I got flirty when I got drunk.