Chapter Two

Max
I stare at my phone, reading the message my manager sends me. "The private jet has a problem. We booked you a ticket for first class to Bahrain. The driver will escort you. Sorry once again." Are you fucking kidding me? This day can seriously not get worse.

This day got so much worse. That little bartender is on my flight. I saw her take a seat from across from me, so I could only see the side of the face. The flight will be 16 hours long, and I must stare at her the whole time. It's a pretty view, don't get me wrong. I like no love looking at her.

Astria was reading. She was reading a Dutch book or something that looked Dutch. I tiled my head to see the name "Koors deur Deon Meyer" I typed the name into my notes app to look at it later. I turned my head again, and our eyes locked. She looked at me with anger in her eyes then rolled them. It's what I had said to her that night. I was disappointed when she said no since I had liked her a little. I don't even know her, but I want to.

When the flight landed, I went to the hotel, took out my phone and started to google her. She was 22 years old, lived in South Africa then moved when she was 10. She speaks Afrikaans. That's why I understood some of the words in the novel she was reading. She lives in Amsterdam and is single. I'm glad that she is single, meaning I have no competition to make her mine.

I'll think of a plan to talk to her again and apologize. I didn't like our first interaction, and I don't want her to think I'm an asshole.