Ch. 5 - Starting Something

Your brother stood there, staring at you intensely with a firm grip on your shoulders while you remained silent, feeling a bit emotional from his words.

"Hey, Y/N..." Kento stared between you both, hoping he wasn't interrupting anything. Satoru's grip on your shoulders relaxed until his hands fell to his side.

"I'll meet up with you at the station," Satoru gave you a close-lipped smile and headed on his own way, leaving you alone with Kento who's presence made you tremble.

"Oh, hey," you blushed, looking away from him for just a moment.

"You were looking for me, right?" He asked bluntly right off the bat. The sudden question startled you.

"I...I guess so, yeah," you admitted. It really wasn't worth it to lie.

"I...overheard your conversation with Naoya," he continued, it being his turn to look away. "I don't think its right for you to sleep with me if you have a boyfriend."

"B-boyfriend?" You wanted to burst into laughter right there, your mood picking up with Kento's choice of words. "He's definitely not my boyfriend."

"Then why did he call himself your husband? He specifically said 'you're mine' as well," he furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Oh..." you laughed awkwardly, "that. Yeah. We're under a certain...contract. All thanks to our dumb elders."

"A contract?" Kento inquired further, quickly becoming intrigued at your situation. He wasn't a part of the "big three" so all of this behavior was new for him.

"Yep, Gojo DNA. It's valuable," you sighed, rolling your eyes. "I may not actually have the power, but I'm at least a vessel for it. With the Zenin's being another powerful family, our elders decided 'hey, why not mash them together?' And so the contract was written and I'm betrothed to Naoya."

"That's a bit intense," he flatted his lips together. "I had no idea the three families interacted in such a way."

"Well this is new for them, too. Who knows, maybe my future Zenin kids will marry into the Kamo family." You playfully shrugged. "I'm supposed to marry him right after high school. Everything's pretty much arranged already."

"I'm...sorry," Kento gave a slight questioning intonation, unsure of what kind of answer he should give.

"Don't be," you chuckled, "it's all a part of being a Gojo." Kento gave an expression of dissatisfaction. "Anyway, I just wanted to pop by and say hello."

"Well, hello," he smiled crookedly, moving some of the hair from his face - happy that you changed the subject. His velvety voice gave you flashbacks from the weekend, your knees subtly shaking. Your eyes shot down for just a moment, brain naughtily giving you images of what lied beneath the fabric of his tight uniform.

"I was wondering if I could have your number, actually," you reached into your backpack, unzipping one of the pouches to get your cell phone, a Samsung Gravity complete with the slide-out keyboard. Kento took it from your hands and started entering his number. Watching him type away was making your heart beat a hundred miles a minute.

"There," he handed the device back to you which you quickly put away.

You suddenly remembered what Naoya threatened you with just a few moments ago, "listen," you started, "we probably shouldn't be seen together. Like, even as friends. Naoya...is not nice." You put it lightly.

"Sure," Kento nodded, "just text me and we can meet up wherever. Just so long as I'm home before midnight." You couldn't believe how loose he was suddenly being with you. You had only known him to be the serious, uptight kind. It was as if something in you loosened him to something more comfortable.