A Little Too Not Over You (Pt 4)

Here it is, the final part of A Little Too Not Over You. Enjoy!

"Memories, supposed to fade

What's wrong with my heart?

Shake it off, let it go,

But I see you, sometimes I try to hide

What I feel inside

And I turn around, you're with him now

I just can't figure it out...

Tell me why, you're so hard to forget

Don't remind me, I'm not over it

Tell me why, I can't seem to face the truth

I'm just a little too not over you

Maybe I regret, everything I said

No way to take it all back, yeah

Now I'm on my own, how I let you go

I'll never understand

I'll never understand!

Tell me why, you're so hard to forget

Don't remind me, I'm not over it

Tell me why, I can't seem to face the truth

I'm just a little too not over you.

Tell me why, you're so hard to forget

Don't remind me, I'm not over it

Tell me why

I can't seem to face the truth

And I really don't know what to do.

I'm just a little too not over you."

[_-_]

All of the Braves sat near the front of the stage, once they'd woken up Gunmax, Jack, Kagerou and PJ, of course. Once everyone (human and robot) was seated, Commissioner Saejima stood up and took his place at the podium behind the microphone, preparing to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen, Mechs and Mecha," he began with a look at the Braves. "Today, we have gathered to discuss the future of the Police Department, but most importantly, we are here to discuss the future of the Brave Police Project. Our first speaker tonight is Regina Argine, Head Engineer for the Scotland Yard Brave Project in England." Saejima waved Regina to take his place, sitting down in between Toudou and Azuma as the young woman began to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen, for the last 7 years, we have been working to improve the police presence in the world, and Japan has proven to be an excellent testing ground. The first of the Brave Police that were brought online here have changed the way we perceive life, and the best ways to defend it. With newer success in England and Italy, myself and the rest of tonight's guest speakers have begun working on introducing the Brave Police Project to other countries around the world." This news surprised all of the assembled Braves, most of whom looked at each other in shock. More Braves? In other countries? Regina continued, "Egypt has already agreed to the building of its own Brave Police force, beginning with EB-602, also known as Bastet." the blue multi-changer waved timidly when the guests applauded, leaning into Hephaestus's chest shyly. "The other countries that have accepted the addition of a Brave Police force are Russia, where there is already a fully functioning Brave unit stationed there, courtesy of Professor Vladimir Givachi; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, who are in the process of building their Brave Police force; America, who was responsible for building BP-601, Gunmax." The biker waved nonchalantly at the cheers, the crowd calming as Regina continued. "And there is another Brave in the process of being built there. Africa, China and Australia have also agreed to the project being brought to their countries. I will now pass the mic to Dr. Autumn De Venice, of the Italian Brave Police force." The Englishwoman stepped down from the podium as the redheaded Dr. De Venice took her place, smiling with a motherly look when she heard Jacquin call out her name happily. "Thank you, Miss Regina. The Brave Police force is a force to be reckoned with, but, as of such, in order for the Braves to do their jobs properly, they must remain neutral in any and all international conflicts. If two countries where the Braves are active go to war, the Braves stationed there are to be temporarily restationed elsewhere to avoid potential conflict." This talk went on for a little while, listing the new laws set for the Braves. Deckerd listened intently, as did Roman, he noted, while King looked as though he were only half listening. His gaze was on Jacquin, who was leaning against Duke, her eyes all for Dr. De Venice. When she felt Ringo's eyes on her, the beastformer looked at him, but the huge Mech turned his attention back to the stage, where Dr. De Venice had finished and had relinquished the mic to Professor Vladimir Givachi, a thin, white-haired old man, who was the Chief Engineer for the Russian Brave Project. The rest of the meeting went on like this for a few hours until the clock struck midnight, to which the meeting concluded and the guests talked amongst themselves. Duke and Jacquin wandered outside, letting the fresh night air filter through their vents. They said nothing, just watching the city below them with a shared, shy smile. After a while, 'Maru informed them that "Mama" wanted to meet Duke. The pair had left so that Dr. De Venice could meet Kagerou and Shadowmaru on her own, without Jacquin interfering. The fact that she wanted to meet Duke wasn't surprising, either. Once Jacquin had finished enthusiastically greeting her creator, the dark green Mecha tugged on Duke's elbow to bring him closer. "Mama, this is Duke Knight, from England." "It's an honor to meet you, Dr. De Venice." Duke shook her hand softly, aware of his own strength and being careful with it. "Oh, none of that, Duke! You will call me Autumn." The redheaded woman hugged Duke tightly, making the ambulance Mech slightly uncomfortable but glad that she didn't disapprove. Once the embrace was concluded, Jacquin pulled Duke away towards the dance floor again, for another song was playing.

Only one more chapter to go! And then, on to the second half of my Brave Police story!