The Dawn of A New Era

The last chapter of A New Era, nothing absolutely major, just some fluff.

Once the hype about the police department's new Worldwide Project had died down, the Braves were sent files on their new foreign comrades. The British and Italian Braves had all returned to their home countries after the ball had finished, allowing everyone to return to a normal schedule again. Several weeks had passed since the Ball, and it was now very early in the morning. Jacquin was curled up, fast asleep in Duke's arms. She had accidentally fallen asleep while watching a movie with her knight, so the pair had wound up sleeping in Duke's berth (Gunmax, thankfully, had the graveyard shift that night). When Jacquin awoke, she was slightly disoriented, but that fog cleared quickly when she found herself looking at Duke's chest. Her head was under his chin and his arms were around her, while her wings hung off the side of the berth. The beastformer shifted a bit, releasing her hand to rub her optics when she realized that she had removed her visor like she did every night before recharge and left it on Duke's bedside table before she went to sleep the night before, leaving her entire face bare. This greatly embarrassed the Mecha, who was very shy about letting others see her optics, which was why she wore a visor. Only Bastet, King and her brothers had ever seen her without it. Her movement woke Duke, who online his optics sluggishly. Jacquin managed to worm her head out from under the knight's chin, smiling at his sleepy visage. It seemed to take Duke a moment to come to, and he smiled at the Mecha before him. "Well, isn't this a lovely sight to wake up to?" His accent was much deeper when he was tired, making his Japanese barely discernible, but Jacquin giggled all the same and allowed Duke to nuzzle her sleepily. He really wasn't a morning person. After satisfying her boyfriend with nuzzles, Jacquin reached behind her for her visor, but Duke grabbed her wrist before she touched it. "You don't need to wear your visor around me, Jacquin. Unless it makes you that uncomfortable?" The ornate beastformer tapped her forehead against Duke's windshield, closing her eyes a moment. "I'm just... really shy, about my eyes, for some reason. It was something I came online with, and something I haven't been able to break just yet. I guess it makes me uneasy when people gauge my thoughts or emotions simply by looking at my face." She didn't want to get too deep, for it was far too early in the morning for that kind of talk, but Duke didn't seem to mind. Rather, he nuzzled her some more, murmuring, "Well, I certainly don't mind you without it. Your eyes are very lovely, my dear." his words were slightly slurred together, the knight swiftly falling back asleep despite his (feeble) attempts to remain awake. The beastformer shook her head lightly and nuzzled her face back into Duke's neck cables, sighing with contentment once she was comfortable again. Life just couldn't get much better than this, could it?

And that's it, folks! The very last chapter! But, don't think I'll be leaving you hanging. The next part in this Brave series will be titled "Brave Police Worldwide". And in that part, you will find some actual action!