Chap 9

Jayk's POV

TC and Beth got into my car as I drove. "You guys ready to do this?" I asked.

"Do what?" Beth asked. "Talk to Belinda?" I nodded. "I thought we were doing that tomorrow."

"Plans changed," I said as I parked in the parking lot. "Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be," Beth replied.

We walked inside and went down to the morgue. "Hey Belinda," I stated.

"You're Jayk, right?" Belinda asked. "Ella talked about you a lot."
"Why did you tell Ella to emancipate herself?" I asked.

"You seriously think the road is the safest place for her?" Belinda asked.

"Let me ask you something. Where were you when her parents died? Where were you when she had her sweet sixteen?" TC asked. "Where were you when she needed a shoulder to cry on or just to talk to about girl situation? Beth did all that."

"Even if I was abducted when I was younger, I would've found a way back to my family," Beth added. "She lived for fourteen years without her sister and six years without parents, without any real family. Six years."

"You may be surprisped but she's accomplished so much. She's a senior in high school now," I stated. "She's even met the President of the United States. She's really happy. You should come to our concert Saturday and see what kind of woman Ella grew up to be. I think you'd be surprised." We turned around to leave but I stopped. "And one more thing. Don't talk to Ella. She doesn't want to talk to you. Let alone see you."

"Talk or see me?" Belinda asked. "I'm her sister."

"And I'm her older brother," I shot back. "Trust me. She doesn't want anything to do with you."

Blake's POV

Saturday finally came and Ella just got done performing. She came to where us guys were waiting. "You did amazing," I smiled.

"Thank you," Ella said hugging me.

"Are you going to watch?" Jayk asked.

"Not from the audience," Ella sighed. "I saw Belinda. I don't wanna be near her."

"Which is why we arranged for Agent Denozzo to stand watch with you," Jayk said pointing at Tony. "He is going to be with you."

"Okay," Ella replied.

"We're performing Meet Me In My Dreams first," Jayk replied.

"Okay," I nodded. We started performing. Jayk just left to sing his part. "Hey, I'm sorry about what happened before your sweet sixteen."

"I forgive you," Ella replied. "It's okay." I smiled. "Hey Tony. You wanna know something?"

"What?" Tony asked.

"You look better without a tie," Ella smiled. Tony took off his tie. "Zeeba?"

"Yeah," Tony sighed.

"Sorry I didn't believe when you said you and Jayk were family," I sighed.

"It's okay," Ella sighed. "It's not what you think."

"I understand that now," I smiled. My part was coming up. "I love you."

"I love you too," Ella smiled.

A/N: so I ran out of ideas and had to end it early. I hope you read my other works though. New works coming soon as well! Xoxo ~Alexis