18. Defining Desire

"Doesn't Chuck know a party isn't a party until someone crashes?" - Gossip Girl

Song: Falling by Alicia Keys

>>>>>

"Why is it you?" I say standing in front of Helix who had disembarked and was now leaning on the bike.

"Nice to meet you too," Helix replies with a look that said, "Really?"

"I'm sorry," I say.

"I doubt you are," He replies looking unconvinced.

"Guilty. Like I said, you bring out the liar in me," I reply to which he reaches out his hand and grabs mine pulling me to him before I can react.

"What are you doing?!" I exclaim in shock; I freeze as his hand snakes around my waist pulling me closer to him

"Trying to see what else I can bring out of you," he says and moves his brow suggestively.

"Helix!" I exclaim trying to extricate myself form his hold, but he holds me tighter and grins.

"Nervous?" He asks.

"What do you think? We're in front of a hospital,"

"So, you'd be okay if we weren't?" 

"I never said so!" I exclaim to which he chuckles.

"You ditched me the other night,"

My shoulders fall slightly, "I texted you," I reply.

"That you'd left, Hestia you ditched me with a text. Why?" He says looking hurt and confused.

Cos you were too busy with another girl. I feel a rush of anger wash over me that causes me to frown. Why was I angry about that?

"Did you never want to see me again?" He asks.

"You were too busy," I instead reply.

"Busy? I was just talking with Leo and..." He pauses and smirks making me uncomfortable and wish I'd said something else or better yet, nothing.

"I see," he says.

"See what?" I say uncomfortable with the words and reaction and slightly afraid to ask yet still going ahead.

"Nothing, let's go," he says releasing his hands from my waist and getting up as I take a step back.

"Not until you say what," I reply to which a spark appears on his eyes.

"Are you really sure you want me to say it?"

No, I wasn't and so I take another step back. He smirks.

"Has anyone ever told you how confusing you can be?" He asks taking a step forward. I take another back.

"Sometimes you're hot, other times you become cold," he says.

"So are you," I reply.

"Is that why we make a perfect combo?" He says his eyes darkening.

"I'm never really sure what to do with you," he says to which I reply. "Same,"

His expression becomes intense. "I wanted to kiss you that night," he says.

My eyes contract, I knew that I also felt that. However, hearing it was different...My heart skips a beat. I was worried, he made me excited.

"Why?" I ask.

"Do I need a reason?"

"We're not dating,"

"Do people need to be dating to kiss?"

"Don't they?"

"Why should they? Can't two people just be friends?" He asks.

"Friends who take a step towards each other," He says and tasks a step forward.

"Friends who hug," He says reaching out and once more snaking his arms around my waist.

"Friends who get close," he says getting up and pulling me close.

"Friends who touch," he says his mouth next to my ears, the heat sending shivers down my spine. As his hands running down my face and pause on my lips, his eyes staring into mine swimming in the ocean of each other's view.

His fingers traces my lips, with his eyes still locked on my eyes, I let out a light gasp as my entire body reacts in a way that was foreign to me

"Friends who want to kiss each other, like I want to kiss you?" He says his voice hoarse and deep with need as I realize our faces were now inches away.

"Can I?"

I don't respond I couldn't. I knew this was a game, a game he played with every girl. That to give consent will make me become just another one. Yet I couldn't say no, because somewhere in me, my body was being pulled towards him and going against my mind. I wanted it but was scared of wanting it. So I stay silent, not refusing, not accepting.

"If you don't answer, I'll take that as an approval?"

I stay silent unable to move as my heart beats faster and I feel warmer. I unconsciously lift my hands and place it against his chest.

Taking that as a sign of me pushing him away, he begins to pull back. A feeling of dread envelops me as I find my fingers encircle around his shirt grasping onto it.

He pauses and looks down at my hands then my eyes. I am not sure what he saw in it, but the next second I feel the softness of his lips against mine as I shut my eyes.

His lips were cold sending shivers through me. He gently nibbles on the upper lip requesting entrance. My lip's part allowing his tongue to slide in grazing against mine playfully. My hands go around his neck of their own accord and I tiptoe to match his height. The minty taste of his tongue awakens my senses as our tongues interlock, intertwining in a sensual dance before letting go and exploring the depths of our mouths as if searching out secrets.

His lips leave my mouth and trails around my cheeks. He gently bites down towards my neck, his breathing gets heavy.

"Hestia," He says in a husky voice filled with raw, thick desire. 

"Hestia?" Another voice calls out.

***

Sorry to interrupt your...moment but don't you both have somewhere to be?