37. Adorable

Song:Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons

"In Poland, we have a saying, 'Love is like head wound.' It make you dizzy, you think you die, but you recover. Usually." -Dorota Kishlovsky" - Gossip Girl

***

Shutting my eyes, I take deep breaths as I wrangle my palms together and let go, wrangling them again. I suddenly feel my chest tighten as breathing becomes hard and I start gasping for air. Seconds later I feel something over my ears and open my eyes meeting the eyes of Helix. He takes my hands in his and uses his fingers to write the letters Y-I-R-U-M-A-R-I-V-E-R-F-L-O-W-S-I-N-Y-O-U on my palms. The ticklish feeling of his hands against my palm distracting me as I try to pay attention to the letters while the sound of the piano drifts into my ears and the depths of my bones.

Once done writing the letter, he places something in my hands. I look down and notice it's a pill.

"It will help you calm you down," he says.

I quickly throw it into my mouth and gulp it down without water. Taking deep breaths, I grab unto the hand rest and shut my eyes.

By the time I open my eyes again to the sound of the pilot announcing our arrival, the plane was not moving, and Helix was seating beside me quietly scrolling through his phone with his right hand.

I had slept off without realizing it. However why did my palms feel moist? Looking down I realize my hands were holding onto his palms not the armrest. Worse, it seems my nails had been digging into his palms. I notice red stains on his hands and lean down to confirm what it was. However, he quickly withdraws his hands. I withdraw my arms and take a deep breath when I realize something weird, my nails had what looked like blood stain on the bed. I glance back at Helix and then my nails as realization slowly sets in.

"You're bleeding, oh my goodness," I exclaim gaining the attention of the plane.

"What?!" Lisa says jumping up and banging her head against the top of her seat. "Ouch," She exclaims.

"He won't be the only one bleeding if you don't calm the F***ck down," Pete exclaims as Naz who was seated behind us looms over the chair and asks, "Who?" Staring from Helix to me.

"Helix," I say pointing at Helix who was now unbuckling his seat belt.

"Helix?" Naz says turning to Helix awaiting a response as his eyes search for the blood filled with worry.

"How are you feeling?" Helix asks at the same time as Naz asks,"What happened?"

"How am I feeling? How are you feeling, you're bleeding. Helix I'm so sorry!" I state feeling horrible.

"Can someone explain what is going on here," Naz says getting agitated.

"My nails dug into his palms so much that it bled," I say.

"Are you oaky?" Naz asks.

"I am, stop being a piss," Helix exclaims as he gets off the seat and starts walking away.

Unbuckling I attempt to follow him but pause remembering his peeved off attitude as he walked away. He was probably super mad at me right now and seeing me would not help.

"I've got it, don't worry," Naz says as if reading my thoughts.

"Thank you," I reply to which he grins and jogs away toward Helix who had just exited the jet.

"Let's go," Leo says walking over to me and smiling reassuringly.

I quickly turn to Lisa. "Are you okay?"