XXXVIII

Nyle POV

After our trip to Oriande, we headed back to Galra Central Command. And once we reached there, I realized how tired I was.

"To return so triumphantly is a dream I thought I would never achieve," Lotor says as we dock to the ship. "We are one step closer to bringing peace and prosperity to the entire universe. This is all because of you, Princess."

"We did it together, Lotor," Allura responds. "I would have never even known about Oriande without you, and therefore could have never unlocked its secrets."

We docked and walked to where we first met with Lotor on the ship, and I of course had Mereida with me.

"We'll see intel in your briefing and decide what to do," Shiro says.

"Maybe we can-" Lotor started.

"Lotor," Some Galra lady in front of us says.

"Oh, no," Lotor mutters.

"Uh, who the heck are you?" Lance asked.

"How dare you speak to me without authorization from Blood Emperor Lotor," The Galra lady says and hits him with some kind of whip.

"She was my governess," Lotor says. "No one has used the term 'Blood Emperor' since before we were a star-faring race. And these are, my colleagues. They have more than my permission to speak. Everyone, this is Dayak."

We all greeted her, Lance only groaning.

"So, to what do we owe the honor?" Lotor asked, unamused.

"Word of your victory at the Kral Zera has spread throughout the empire," Dayak responds. "I always knew you had it in you to crush your enemies. Dayak's raised you from a child to a man, and now I'll witness your ascension to the throne."

Lance started laughing, while Lotor looked at her almost begging her to stop. 

"Wait, she raised you from a child?" Lance questioned. "Aww, is this your nanny?"

"Governess," Lotor corrects.

"You have a nanny!" Lance exclaimed. "Is she going to read you bedtime stories? Is she gonna rock you to sleep? Is she gonna-" 

He was interrupted by being hit in the face by Dayak again.

"I instructed Lotor in the ways of the Galra," Dayak says. "The history of our conquests, our customs, battle philosophy, the art of war."

"Hm, Galra customs, huh?" Hunk says. "Is that when you guys say like 'Vrepit Sa' and stuff? There's so much we don't know about you."

"If you're interested in our society's history, you couldn't find a better teacher than Dayak," Lotor says, putting his hand on Hunk's shoulder.

"What Lotor says is true," Dayak says. 

"Oh, wow," Hunk says. "Would you really teach me about the Galra?"

"What do you wanna know about the Galra for?" Lance asked.

"We're gonna be working with Lotor to bring peace through the empire, right?" Hunk starts. "Makes sense the more we know about their society, the better."

"If you are to learn the ways of the Galra, be prepared for the most challenging trial you could ever undertake," Dayak says. "There will be no turning back. Victory or death."

"Uh, ok, that's okay," Hunk says, putting his hands up.

"Hunk, you're a Paladin of Voltron," Allura says. "There is no challenge too great for you."