Her

Hey guys!

I know you hate author's notes so I'll be quick.

This is my first story on Wattpad and I hope you like it.

Please don't forget to comment, it really matters to me. If there are any mistakes please tell me.

I updated the first 12 chapters and will be updating twice a week.

Now let's read.

This chapter is edited.

Enjoy!!

Prologue:

"Cut the crap! Do you know who I am", he yelled.

Before I answered, he yelled, "Domenic Romano, the Don of the Italian Mafia."

I was shocked and scared to the bones to the point that if I could run away, I would. I don't want to go back to what I've been living with. Tears streamed down my face as I cried. "You will tell me who sent you". "No one, I swear no one! I didn't even know that you are in the mafia" I managed to let out.

"Darling I am the mafia!", he smiled wickedly and I got even more scared. "Until you talk you will be my guest" he grabbed my body and slammed it back to the chair, the metal chains clanging. No!!! He can't do that to me! "I suggest you tell the truth because I seem to be somehow....unforgiving" he said and left me to his guards.

*

5 years ago...

" I must keep on running" Kira ran while panting until she hit a hard chest and fell on the floor. "Please, help me, I don't want to go back" she cried, " I don't want to go back!" she screamed again before she felt the world spinning around and the 50 year old man in front of her blurred. She let out a small whimper and welcomed darkness, not knowing what will happen when she wakes up.

Present day

"Mike... Angela", I sighed. " It pains me more than you imagine to move out, but it's time" I told them. Angela was Mike's wife, the man who saved my life 5 years ago at the docks. They took care of me since then, but I can't be a burden to them anymore. I've always been a burden to people I love-they just don't deserve this.

I was really upset that I was moving out and from the look on Angela's face she was indeed upset. Her green eyes filled with tears cascading down her ivory cheeks that were now red. I know that she is upset because whenever I talked about moving out she would close the subject and scold me in an angry voice.

I looked at Mike to find him looking down at the floor with his messy silky grey hair covering his forehead, I could see that he had a scowl because of the wrinkles that formed on his forehead. He heaved in a breath and let out a long frustrated sigh.

"My little angel, we won't stop you from doing what you want", she sniffed, tears streaming down her rose cheeks. "Kira, the moment you passed out on me, I knew you'd be the daughter I never had. As Angela said before, we won't stop you, but you should always know that this is your home", he said as his voice broke, and started crying. I quickly went out of my seat and hugged them both.

I am going to miss this place; it was not my house and they weren't my biological parents, but to me they were more than foster parents, they were my guardian angels. I could never repay Mike for giving me a proper education, a new identity, a new beginning. I started crying as these memories came rushing back and they strengthened their grip around my body and started crying harder with me.

After we said our last  goodbyes and hugged each other one last time, I kissed their cheeks and slid down into the cab before they say anything that would change my mind from leaving them. The car started moving, I waved at them and they waved back. I could see from the rear mirror that Angela broke down and Mike hugged her small frame. I'm sorry but I cannot be a burden to anyone, it's time I become independent and face life. A lone tear slid down from my right eye.

I arrived at the airport to see Claire and Jenn who were my friends from senior year in school waiting for me. Claire was a blonde with green eyes and she was 5'7 tall, while Jenn had short black hair, brown eyes, and a chubby figure that contemplated her small figure, she was 5'3. I am 5'5 with ash blonde hair and striking blue eyes, of course just like my mom who was Russian.

"Ahhhhh" Claire screamed in excitement. "Can't wait to finally land in Los Angeles", Jenn jumped. I shook my head laughing at their excitement, "Come on girls we're going to be late", I said and grabbed their hands and went towards the check in counter. In no time we finished our boarding and were sitting in the plane.

*

We reached our condo that the job we got provided us with, it was a small condo that had 2 bedrooms, one with one bed and the other one with twin beds. We walked around and checked out the kitchen bar that was located on the right of the cozy sitting room. The furniture was very cozy and stylish.

The couches were grey and had huge white cushions that rested on each side of the 2 couches. The two bathrooms in the condo were an asset, in this way we wouldn't fight with each other each morning before work. The girls knew that I cannot sleep with anyone with me so they were okay with me to have the bedroom that had one bed, Jean and Claire shared the other room together because they felt convenient with each other. We all went into our rooms and unpacked.

My room was very plain, it had white walls and a huge window that gave me a view of the street. My bed was a queen size, made out of white painted wood and had white bedsheets and pillows. I looked at the corner at the 2 door closet that was also white on the sides and had long mirrors on the front.

I sat down on the bed after placing my clothes in the closet and my make up on the counter next to my bed. I smiled at the memory of how we were lucky that all of us got jobs at the La Serina Hotel. I got a job in the management department, Claire at the reception, and Jenn, as a Chef.

I changed into a set of sweat pants and a matching hoodie because I wanted to feel comfortable because we decided to order pizza and watch Netflix on the 36 inch TV in the sitting room. I went out and saw Claire with a box of pizza and Jenn slumping down on the couch. "What are we going to watch?" I asked the girls. They looked at each other and turned to face me,"F.R.I.E.N.D.S!!!" they said in union and I clapped my hands in approval of their choice. After 5 hours of watching Netflix we decided to go to bed because it was our first day tomorrow and we didn't want to be late on our first day.

The next morning we woke up and got ready to go to the hotel. Our first day went smooth and we enjoyed ourselves and made some new friends too. From this day our life became a routine, we wake up, go to work, have lunch together at the employee lounge, leave to the condo, Jenn cooks dinner, we watch Netflix, and we go to bed. It was like that every single day and I couldn't be more happy than I am. I'm finally living a normal life.

Tell me what you think about the 1st chapter.

Are you excited to know more about Kira and Domenic?

Don't forget to comment and vote please!

Much love!!!