lime

https://open.spotify.com/track/22sujfahhWDfZejuepLYuE?si=9d05618720e64207

Siddharth's POV: I fell in love when I was about 16. It was heartbreaking, painful, a figurative expression of stabbing myself with a knife repeatedly. I loved her. But she never loved me back. And i thought I'd be fine with it. I knew I would be fine with it. Until I wasn't.

She was an angel in my life. Her hair was as black as the ace of spades and as long as a river flowing across many, many yards of greenery. She had this glowing exterior around her, and you'd just sometimes feel the need and the want to get to know her. She treated me different. She always did. I don't know why she did that, but I always thought that I was special to her.

But I wasn't. And by the time I realised that, the knife had already mellowed down deep into my heart. Why? Why did I ever fall for someone like her? Why? Why did I ever think that she would tell me everything about herself? Why? Just why.

Maybe I was too young. Maybe we were too young.

At my high school graduation ceremony, I decided to tell her how I felt. I wanted to do it of my own accord. Not because I knew that she was in love with my best friend or something and it was breaking me. No, why would you think that? Heh.

Well, you get it. I loved her, she loved my friend. When I realised that she treated both of us pretty much the same way, my hopes shattered. The one thing that I had wanted the most in the world was taken away from me. More like pulled away. I tried to clutch it desperately.

"Thank you, for being you" I whispered, holding back a range of emotions. She smiled at me. It was worth it. Totally worth it. That day, that smile wasn't for everyone. It wasn't for my friend. It was for me. And only me.

And then I let go. I let go of her. Sometimes, it's better to let go.

I don't hate the idea of love. As a writer, I could never. But when it comes to me, I have never thought about settling down, and getting into a commitment with someone I find precious. No. I don't want that. Maybe I have always been the guy who falls for the wrong person at the right time. Well, isn't everyone?

Maybe I was genuinely just scared. Yeah. Maybe I was scared because I knew that no matter who I fell in love with, was bound to leave someday. That's how it works, right?

But I grew up. And I fought well. I hope this whiny bitch of a woman sleeping on me finds the will to fight too. I wish you luck, you precious soul. 

                                                                                                       ~
[a/n: hihihihihihihi

i am going to be adding a song to each chapter from now on, i felt like that'd be naice

make sure you listen to the song while reading the chap khikhikhi

see you babies tomorrow yes byebye xx

~s]