epilogue

https://open.spotify.com/track/0VE4kBnHJUgtMf0dy6DRmW?si=95abc39eb1264337

I was walking down the crosswalk with my phone in my hand. I was in a hurry.Work? Nah, it was a chilly Saturday. It was incredibly cold and I was starting to regret wearing just one layer of clothing. Date? Nah, I don't do dates. Why was I in a hurry? Oh I was rushing to my favourite bakery in all of LA to get a triple dutch chocolate cake with a fudge ripple middle. After a tiresome week of holing myself up in my apartment and not showing any signs of living except the ocassional presence of the night light tingling in my room, this was the only thing I needed. I was busy writing a sequel to my first book. The sequel was a goddamn annoying thing to write. I didn't know where to begin, and I certainly had no idea how I wanted it to end. I was this close to ripping all of my hair out and yeeting down the balcony. Well anyway, my lead character was doing well. He got himself a girlfriend (don't wanna spoil you guys but she's an annoying bitch yes). The love of his love isn't here yet. And the crime part? A serial homicide case. Who did it? I DON'T KNOW OK. 

My phone rang as soon as I reached the opposite side of the road, and I checked to see who this person was, and it was my girlfriend. She started yelling at me as soon as I picked it up. 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

"I'm actually about to tell this girl who's yelling at me to tone it down"

"WHATEVER DUDE BUZZ OFF"

"I- you're the one who called me-"

"Well yes, it's been a week since you last texted me. I had asked very nicely, emphasis on the nicely, if your book writing was going fine and do you even know what you said? You said K. Not an "omg its going good" not a "meh its going meh", NOT EVEN A FUCKING "okay ig", JUST ONE K. ARE YOU KIDDING MY ASS RIGHT NOW?" 

"Ok in my defense-"

"I don't wanna hear it"

"Well I wanna speak anyway-"

"Right so where was I- Yes so in my defense, I had just reached an epiphany when you had texted me, and I was going to run to my desk to write that part down but then I got your text, and even though I didn't mean to open it- it opened unintentionally and then I had to-"

"Wait a minute back up. You didn't even mean to open my text?! What are you, stupid?"

"I'm pretty sure we have all established that by now-"

"You're being such an ass right now, you know that?"

"Yes ma'am. Anyway, so I'm heading to the bakery right now, I'll call you later, yeah?"

"See this is what you do all the time. You never listen to me, and it's not fair!"

"I'm- sorry?-"

"YOU'RE NOT EVEN SORRY"

"Well- Alright alright I'm gonna drop by at your place, sound good?"

"Get me cake or stand outside" 

And she cut the call. God why are women so moody. (no offense ladies, i love y'all)

Right, I have a girlfriend now. Doesn't seem right, right? Well, she's a nice human being. I love how she's always there to check in to see if I'm dead or alive. As a writer, it's always tough to tell.

I opened the glass door and was instantly greeted by Matilda, my favourite pastry chef, who also owns 50% of the store, alongside her husband's name. She tucked a strand of her blond hair behind her ear as she checked if the temperature of the glass counters holding all the goodies, was cool enough. She smiled as soon as she saw me and said, "Oh hey, writer boy is back for his weekly reinforcement!"