Rain

(I have tried to make this as gender neutral as possible, so it fits everyone!)

Dripping spots of water patted down through Zora's Domain, it hadn't rained in quite a while- not since Link saved the Domain months prior. It brought back unwanted nostalgia, the trembling grey clouds that loomed over the usual gleaming blue grounds and that horrid look in Sidon's yellow eyes when another attempt at gaining a Hylian saviour failed. 

You tapped your index finger on your chin, dangling your legs off the high white stool made of quartz like a child. Nowadays, you spent most of your days in the library deep within the Domain, considering how to aid the Zora heir on his journey to becoming king one day. 

"Ah, Advisor  ___." Speak of the devil, Prince Sidon had his arms behind his crimson back, a more...relaxed emotion spread across his face once you snapped out of your daydreaming- feathered quill in mouth.  "I came to ask about this tactics chapter, I don't quite understand it." He padded over once seeing your silent nod and leaned on the shining blue desk, book outspread before you both.  "Erm, this part, right here." A neatly trimmed claw of sorts pointed at a small chapter in the tactical book you set Sidon as individual learning.

Although this wasn't individual.

"I understand why you may be confused on this part." You hummed, ripping a sheet of paper out from your notepad and scribbling a diagram of pretend Zora soldiers in battle. "Standing in a forest like this will give you defence in far-away combat." You tapped the horribly drawn trees which more or less looked like the clumps of clouds that stared at you both from outside. 

"I don't do well with trees." Sidon huffed, nibbling on his bottom lip as if there was more he wished to say. "Advisor ___, how long do you wish to continue to be my royal tutor?" Instead of scratching his head, Sidon ran his nail across one of his pearly white fangs, something he did often when situated in a pickle. 

"Until I know you're ready. Or until you out-live me." Dry humour wasn't shared with the prince, he instead gasped, lightly slapping your arm in disagreement. "Ah- I apologise, I forget your sensitivity." you sheepishly laughed, although the idea of dying was not something you wished to happen any time soon. 

"Excuse me?" The Zora prince had a smirk now, his pervious worries blowing away like winter bellows, "I have my reasons to be sensitive!" He puffed his chest like a bird before returning to his leaning position. "You know... with Mipha."The words were mellow, as if it were a secret only the pair of you knew about.  

"Oh don't do that to me." You whined, automatically feeling guilty, he had lost his beloved sister and you were still so blind to situations like these. "You know that's not what I meant."

"Exactly." He clasped both hands together, a shy grin on his hammer-head mouth. 

"Oh no." A frown etched on your face, unsure on what he had in mind.

"Don't-" He went to scold you again, despite you being his advisor, yet paused- shaking his head and allowing the end of his fin to swish about behind him. "I want you to quit."

"Quit? Is a Hylian not suited for this job no more?" A hand came to your chin, it did confuse you on why you were hired out of all the applicants. "You should've thought about that two years ago."

"I...was foolish." Sidon blinked, you could see your troubled expression reflected in his wide eyes. Eyes that you grew so fond of peering into- that's why you can't leave. "I have my reasons, if you'll hear them?" He coughed, preparing some long preamble in his mind.

"I can't say they'll work." You shrugged, leaning back into the hard stool with your arms crossed defensively over your chest. "Go ahead."

"You're fantastic at you're job." Sidon began, sliding in the compliment before continuing, "However...I do not wish to continue this. I want to call you by your name and see you outside of learning hours, it's been two years and you still haven't caught on, ___."

"Caught on?" you blinked, heart racing with the prospect of the Zora prince returning your feelings.

"Be with me, ___." He was almost pleading now, "Quit this job! I only hired you because you're rather...attractive."

Them last words didn't sit well with you. You wanted to be recruited for your skills, not for your looks. 

"But I then realised, not too long after hiring you, that I needed you- you're wonderful at this job...I just fell too far in love with you." The words were almost one large mumble as he sped up faster with nerves. 

"You. What?"

"I love you." he repeated the words as if they were mere facts he revised the day before, stating it with chest. Confidence did always run through the Princes' veins. "I hope you at least feel something towards me? Although it is forbidden as my advisor."

That was true. No fraternising was allowed as the tutor, King Dorephan made it clear in the contract. 

"So that's why you wish for me to quit." Your tongue licked the bottom of your lower lip, "I cannot disagree with the idea of having romantic feelings for you though." 

"You...can't?" Sidon moved away, bewildered. If he wasn't careful, the 20ft bookcase behind him would topple over under his sudden weight. "W-wonderful! I propose you be my chief tactician instead." He let out a bellowing laugh before clasping your smaller hand in his, locking eyes. 

"Perhaps partner, lover even?" You panned, thinning your lips at his distracting excitement, it seemed he was too overwhelmed that he forgot how to court someone. "Maybe then I'll consider 'chief tactician'".

"Oh. Right. Please be mine? Romantically of course. I've been pining over you for ages!"  

"I will, wholeheartedly." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This book on fics of Sidon has 'blown up' in a sense, I reallllly thought the prospect of Sidon being the attractive shark from BOTW was dying out as the game was released a few years ago now.  I'm super glad you guys still like it and read it!!

Happy Christmas if you celebrate it and if not, I hope you have a great weekend <3