Chapter 10

?????? POV

It was about 11:00AM. I was sitting on the stool next to the counter in the kitchen, reading the paper and sipping my coffee as the phone started to ring. I reached over and grabbed the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi, this is Carrol, from the office at the middle school. Ummm, your daughter Livie never showed up to school today and we didn't get an email from you so I called to see if she was home sick or something."

' "Well, she should be at school because she left this morning and she said she was going to meet up with Casey."

"Well Casey isn't here either." Carrol said.

"Did you call Casey's mom?"

"Yes but she didn't answer."

I got off the stool and walked over to my purse and shuffled through it trying to find my cell phone. Once I found it I pulled up my contacts and texted Casey's mom asking her if Casey had left for school.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Carrol asked.

"Umm, if you could just keep an eye out. That would be great." I thought for a moment in my head. Why would Liv ever skip school? What was she thinking? Where is she now? Then my phone gave a little whistle. Casey's mom replied.

"IDK. I was gone this morning." She replied.

"I got a call from the office saying that Casey and Liv never made it to school today. IDK if they skipped or what there doing." I replied back.

"This isn't the first time that Casey has skipped. I don't really care that she isn't there."

"I'm just scared that something bad has happened to them."

"They're strong girls, they'll be fine."

I sat my phone down and looked at the time. 11:28, a few more hours until Liv gets home. Then I felt a tugg on my shirt. I looked down to see Lee Ann next to me.

"What going on Mommy?" She asked me.

"Nothing babes, go play with your toys." Lee Ann started running off towards her room. I kept thinking off what is happening to Liv.

3:30. Liv should be getting back any moment. I waited on the couch with Lee Ann next to me watching on of her kid shows, as I held my tummy and stared intensly at the door, waiting for it to open.

Soon it was 4:30, and there was still no sign of Liv. I started getting nervous so I got up and headed towards the kitchen. When I got there I grabbed the phone and dailed 911.

"Hello, this is 911, what is your emergency." The lady said.

"My daughter skipped school, and I don't know where she is. She hasn't com back home yet."

"Do you want me to send some officers out to find her." Said the lady.

"Please." I said.

"Can you tell me your name, her name and what she looks like."

"My name Is Sarah Collins, But her name is Livie Sholts. She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She is fourteen. I don't know here exsact hiegth but probably around 5'4". And she is wearing pink."

"Thank you. I will send out officers now."

-TJ