_Key one_

Sorry that it took a while to release/write this chapter, I had school work TvT

Anyways, I hope you enjoy it! :D

-------

After they left that area I carefully made my way to the next hallway. My eyes scanned every inch of the floor, searching for any keys or something that looked like it could open the padlocks. All I saw were small stones and little bits of dirt scattered on the floor. I heard the sobbing starting to come towards me, that's when I finally took my eyes off the ground and searched for a safe house. The small butterfly next to me was doing a good job of lighting up the path and it made it easier to see. I finally noticed a stone carving of a door and pushed it open. 

"I wonder how long this would take..." I asked myself. The butterfly on my shoulder started blinking. Was something wrong?  It made small blinks followed by long blinks and repeated.

.. - ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. - .- -.- . .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. - .... .. .-. - -.-- -- .. -. ...

"You good butterfly?" I asked it, not expecting an answer. But it just kept blinking-

-.-- . .- .... --..-- .. .----. -- --. --- --- -.. -.-- --- ..- ..--..

"Okay..." I muttered. But I just sat patiently in the safe room until I heard the sobbing pass the doorway and faded away. I got up and continued on my search for the keys. Where are all these keys!? I started picking up the pace, that was until my foot grazed over a rock that made a clinking noise. I looked down to find a small grey key, it was nearly noticeable and I probably wouldn't have found it if it weren't for my foot. What if I passed one? I got a bit anxious at the thought that I missed a chance on saving my friend. I started hearing the sobbing coming towards me and I made my way back to the safe house. I took a small step outside so I would be noticed.

As soon as my friend turned the corner their eyes flashed towards me and instantly my breath got uneasy and I ran to the left of them. They started chasing me and I turned backward and somehow managed to unlock the first padlock. It made a loud clunk sound as it fell to the floor, their eyes were staring at me intensely the entire time. Then I quickly move to the right of them and run in between a gap in the wall, leaving the monster behind me confused. And I run back into the safe house.

--. . - ..--.- -.-- --- ..- .-. ..--.- .- -. -.- .-.. . ... ..--.- -... .-. --- -.- .

"Why do you keep blinking?" I ask the butterfly, expecting no response. But at least I was safe.

-------

(486 words) :D Have a good day/night/morning/evening!