PAYBACK TIME - SURPRISES

• Dedicated to to all my FANS and READERS!!!!

============================================ 

PAYBACK TIME 

by: reader27® 

============================================

7. SURPRISES

EDMUND'S POV

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" the people gathered in front of the door greeted me in glee, confetti showers over me along with other colorful stuffs. I smile broadly.

"Thank you." With a smile painted all over my face, I told everyone.

"Now birthday boy make your way to your throne." Tina ordered with a grin. "By the way, what are you wearing?"

"Clothes?"

"I know but what's with the all-black outfit? You must be wearing red!" What's wrong with it? I thought. I wore a black tee under an unbuttoned black suit, a black skinny jeans, and black converse.

"Just for a change. I don't feel wearing red, besides it's my birthday so it's for me to decide, right?"

"Whatever. But it does looks good on you. It shows your beautiful round ass." She said a smirk on her face.

"Thanks." And turn around heading to my throne. It's always like this. Tina made me sit and watch everything, then gift giving and messages from our relatives and friends, my own message and wish for myself, and of course the all night long party. I hugged mom and auntie as I pass them and smile at a random people greeting me.

I sit at my throne and the short program started, Tina as the master of ceremony. As I sit I scan the whole set up. It was not over decorated, a tarpaulin hang on the wall saying 'Happy Birthday Ed' with my picture, dim lights and loud music, a disco ball on the ceiling at the center which I think will serve as the dance floor later on, techno lights flickering everywhere, and of course as usual a 21-inch plasma TV facing me. I look around again checking if I missed something. All the people here are all close to me, my classmates and schoolmates, friends that we meet during party, employees of the hotel, and other people that are close to me. I just hope Alice and the others are here too, celebrating with me. Back then, during my birthday, it's just us and mom at our house but I'm really happy. I'm not saying that I'm not happy, with all the preparations that Tina did, I am super happy. It's just that my long time friends aren't here.

I watch as some random performers entertain everyone. Then I spotted something that reminds me of something that happened during my last birthday. A big human-sized gift was place in a corner. No! Not a random guy again! I nudge Tina who was standing at my right side who was watching to the group as they making a spoof of some scenes in Glee.

"What?" she said still looking at the performers.

"What's that?" I said pointing at the human-sized gift.

"Oh that. Our gift of course." She said casually.

"It isn't another guy you hired, is it?"

"I don't know. Maybe, but one thing is for sure, you'll love it." With an all wide smile on her face she said.

"I hate you."

It's now turn for the messages, this is my favorite part. First were the people present at the party. They give messages, the usual messages you here during birthday celebrations. Then came the messages, which I so long waited, someone switches on the plasma TV and the video roll. It was the messages coming from my friends in L.A. I watch thoroughly as they greeted me, they all are laughing at what I recognize in Alice' living room, all was there, Alice, Steph, Mary, Hunter, Larry, Luke, Shane, Mark, and Nathan. I wish I was there too, I miss them badly. They each gave me messages, and of course the girls got teary so am I but along with it I laugh as the boys throw some jokes. When the video ended, tears starts to fell from my eyes. I turn to face mom, auntie and Tina, who were all same as me, somewhat in a crying state. I mouth thank you at them.