PAYBACK TIME - CONFUSION AND CONFESSION

============================================ 

PAYBACK TIME 

by: reader27® 

============================================

3. CONFUSION AND CONFESSION

ALICE' POV

It would have been great to celebrate our graduation together, partying all night, drinking, and dancing with the lights flickering along with the fast beat and loud sounds of music, but it wasn't. Edmund and his mom had left earlier than they have planned. He texted me that change of plans, but I know full too well what the real reason is, it was because of the kiss. If I know that he'll be affected by that kiss this intense, I should have never told Stephanie and Mary that he has a crush on Van Waimer. And I should have never brought that idea. Am I a bad best friend? I guess so.

Looking back yesterday, I never thought that my best friend is one big good kisser. Not only me but all of us had our mouth hanging open jaw dropped gaping watching every bit of the entertaining kissing scene happening in the very front of our eyes. Although I was shaken a bit by the reaction that Van showed, he kissed back. I know he did, and was enjoying the kiss. If the one who's kissing you is that good, you wouldn't mind if it is a he or a she. When Ed stopped and left him standing there, he had an unrecognizable mixture of emotions painted on his face. Afterwards, he too left the mini park, and we followed Ed but failed to catch up with him. We felt bad, and texted him that we are sorry. He just replied that it was ok and then tell me that they'll leave earlier and just get his diploma for him and sent it to him when he get there. I will surely miss him.

With Ed's absence during the graduation ceremony, we felt very sorry, especially when Mrs. Smith announces Ed's name for his honor. In behalf of him, I'm the one who go to the stage and receive the medallion. During the time that I was at the stage, I catch a glimpse of Van and he had this unknown and unrecognizable face again, and then he looked around the auditorium. Is he looking for Ed? Maybe but why? To beat Ed? It can be, but can it also be that he wants to talk with him?

After the graduation ceremony is over, we just decided to celebrate it with our own family and said our goodbyes. If Ed was here, we all surely barging in on his room doing crazy stuff, stupid things like flirting with each other, talking about plans for college and discussing where and what university to attend to, and her mom cooking delicious dishes and her famous chocolate cookies and mouth watering refrigerated cake. If only we didn't insist that dare, we still have this time to be all together.

I sigh and lean on Hunter's shoulder, staring at the brilliant dark night sky. After an hour or so at home after the graduation, I texted Hunter to meet me at Ed's house though I know Ed surely is not here. I miss my hot sexy bisexual best friend.

"It's my fault why he leaves so soon." I mutter not intending to be heard by my companion.

"No, it's not. You're not just the one, we all are. After all, Ed's leaving had been planned and we know that their moving to another country.So stop blaming yourself, ok?" Hunter said.

We stare at the night sky, enjoying the view.

"Shall we go now?" Hunter asked hugging me and putting he's head on top of mine.

"Just a little bit more."

We remain on that position, not talking to each other. I know this silence is what we needed.

I really do miss Ed, his clumsiness, how he blush when he got embarrassed, his corny jokes, his stupidity, how his mind works, his craziness, but above all, I miss his sweetness. I felt really lonely, I wonder how the others feel.