The gift of Izzy - December 2021

You groaned as you tried to get free. Simon had just been tied to a pillar. But for some reason you were tied upside down. All you had wanted was to get a gift from Izzy. She always had elaborate gifts for you. Things you'd never thought or heard of but that you actually found useful.

"What to get the Shadowhunter who has everything." You grumbled sarcastically as you spun slowly around again.

"Well I don't know about you. But I would prefer that my friends aren't kept captive by smugglers." Izzy said. As the rope twisted back the other way you saw Izzy looking at you from a small window.

"Izzy! Can you please get me down from here?" You asked and she laughed.

"Of course. Just give me a moment." Izzy said cheerfully. She moved out of sight and the wall exploded. You didn't see how she got into the room as the rope spun you round again. She smiled as she reached you and used her Stele to cut you down. You sat down on the ground for a moment as she hurried to rescue Simon. She helped you to your feet and the three of you climbed out of the hole in the wall.

"You'll have to jump but Jace and Alec are down there to catch you." Izzy assured you.

"I'm sorry you want us to jump into the dark and hope we'll be caught?" Simon asked nervously. There were voices shouting behind you and you decided to trust Izzy and jump. Alec caught you and set you down as Jace waited for Simon.

"You really went through all this trouble to find a gift for Izzy?" Alec said as he laughed a little.

"I... I didn't know that they were smugglers!" You muttered.

"You know just because you know a few nice Downwrolders doesn't mean that they're all nice." Alec warned you. He glanced at you when you huffed. "You should ask Magnus for some help. He could help you make something. Izzy would love that." He said as the two of you watched Izzy hop down and into view. Simon followed a moment later, caught by Jace and Izzy.

"This is the last time I go Christmas shopping!" Simon wailed a little.

"You ok?" Izzy asked you. You nodded and she smiled. "Ok. Let's get out of here. We can report the smugglers and get you two checked on at the medbay and then get you both home."