Guitar

Alec couldn't help but feel a prickle of jealousy, it wasn't like you really got on with him, in fact you'd often ignore his orders which irritated him to no end. However, you were close enough for him to be extremely annoyed that a Mundane of all creatures managed to make a connection with his best fighter when he couldn't.

Deciding that he needed to work on at least getting you to talk to him when you were in the same room he searched for Izzy.

"Hey Izzy." He hummed as he lent on her door frame.

"You want something." She said simply as she grabbed a wig and wondered through the corridors with her brother close behind.

"Look I know me and (Y/N) don't get on but with the whole Clary thing going on I should be able to trust them to have my back right?" Alec sounded more like he was trying to explain it to himself.

"What's suddenly changed your mind?" Izzy asked with a chuckle. "It was Simon wasn't?"

"Just how do I get them to like me?" Alec grunted.

"Ask about things (Y/N) likes... just ask for guitar lessons." She sighed when Alec's gaze stayed blank.

*******************************************************

"Hey (Y/N) Look um... I know we don't get on that much but..." Alec grunted when you pushed past him and continued to do what you'd been doing when he found you.

He followed you around for a while until you had enough, spinning to face him, which caused the oldest Lightwood to freeze and almost step backwards.

"What?" You huffed when he still wouldn't leave you alone.

"Could you teach me to play the guitar?" He asked nervously.

"Oh... sure why not but I want a decent mission for once." You pointed a finger at him as he nodded.

"Sure thing." He promised as you led him to your rooms and handed him one of your guitars.