forty eight.

Hi my taeppucinos I love u

~

Taehyung walked in the rain towards the entrance of the manor,  his hands in the pockets of a spare hoodie he had in his car.

He was stopped by the two guards outside but it seemed as soon as Taehyung lifted his covered head and revealed his face into the warm glow of the house lights, the guards recognized him.

They looked at each other before moving away and allowing the gate to open.

Taehyung gave them a slight nod of the head and quietly made his way to the front door. The soft sound of wet gravel crackling underneath his feet was overshadowed by the loud thumping in his chest.

He was nervous and a bit scared but he needed to face this. For the sake of his mother, his family, and for his self.

Before he could knock on the door, the huge white wooden door that was decorated in gold lining and a Victorian door knocker swung open. Jaehyun stood there in the doorway with a big smile on his face.

"Ah! You're finally here, Taehyung." He said as if he was welcoming a long time friend of his instead of the son of the woman he is holding hostage.

Taehyung looked at Jaehyun and back over his shoulder to see the gate closing completely shut and the guards looking over at him.

He took a deep breath and entered the home.

"You sure do know how to keep people waiting, Taehyung. Poor mommy dearest. I had to put her to sleep again because she woke up and started screaming."

Jaehyun said casually and Taehyung crooked his lip at him.

"No more fooling around, Jaehyun."

Jaehyun blinked at Taehyung and his smile dropped.

"No need to be so hasty. Right this way." Jaehyun said as he led Taehyung upstairs to an office. It was brown and screamed vintage.

"Wait here. Mr. Choi will be here."

Taehyung nodded slowly and sat down on a chair. Jaehyun put handcuffs on Taehyung's wrists but for some reason didnt click them to lock. He still kept a close eye on Jaehyun who looked out the window at the stormy night.

After seconds had passed by awkwardly, Taehyung looked at Jaehyun again.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Hm?"

Taehyung crossed his arms. "Wasn't Jungkook your best friend once upon a time?"

Jaehyun looked at Taehyung then laughed.

"Once upon a time we were inseperable."

"You really hate Jungkook for what happened so long ago?"

Jaehyun blinked and tilted his head to the side.

"Why wouldn't I hate Jungkook?"

Taehyung furrowed his brows in silence. Jaehyun hummed and rubbed his chin, leaning back against a wall in the corner.

"It was Jungkook who ruined everything. Our business, our future. We were coming up from nothing not being able to afford to eat or have proper shoes. We turned our lives around." He started his story then looked to the side.

"He wanted to go legit with that stupid pharmaceutical idea of his. Why? We were on our way to becoming young billionaires with the way our business was going. Why change things?"

Jaehyun wanted to spit at the memory of it.

"Jungkook wanted better for the company."

"Better?" Jaehyun scoffed. "He just couldn't live with the guilt that we were breaking the law. He didn't want to make the company better. He was trying to make himself feel less guilty." He shook his head.