20. Flashback (5)

"There comes the sunset, love." Russ said excitedly, I looked up and I saw the sunset already rising up. I stood closer to the edge, enough so that I wouldn't fall.

"It still looks so beautiful, right? No matter how many times we saw this before." I muttered when I felt his arm wrapped around me. I looked at Russ and saw him daydreaming while looking at the sun setting in front of us.

We just stand there the whole time until the sunset's gone. A sign that our day is starting and we welcome the sun to light up our day.

"Love, do you realize? When you compare sunset to people, it's like those we only get to be with for a short period of time. It's not important how big their impact in your life, it's not important who they is for you. Just like how the sun rises down and up after a long day of lighting the world, there is some people who is leaving and leaving." As I shared my thoughts to Russ, he looked at me amused.

"I didn't think of that huh?" he said while chuckling.

"But it's true though. that no matter how important, no matter how important they are to you, when they need to leave, they need to leave." Russ adds.

"Why are you crying? You know you're making me cry too, Kendall." Russ said and he faced me to him, wiping my tears.

"Nothing, that words you said earlier just melts my heart." I replied and he immediately took my hand and placed it on his own.

"Looking at the sky really feels like home, right? It's so peaceful. I wonder what it feels on the clouds." I said, trying to light up the mood.

"Love, you know you're my permanent, right?" Russ said and there's my assurance. That no matter how many barriers we face, no matter how many unnecessarily get in the way, no matter how many storms we go through, and no matter how many times we watch the sun rises up, I know that it would always rise for us.

We're each other's permanent.