"Don't worry..." | hurt-comfort

[NOTE: Some parts of the fanfic are based off of Last Life Session 7, Grians POV so spoilers]

{ 3rd POV }

"So what have I missed?"

Grian flew over the Boatem Village for a peace of mind, it was a cool and peaceful day in the server. He was currently taking a break from his other server, Last Life...

It's been a few days since the last session and...lets just say he needed a break.

He reached a certain hermit's base, a big tower and a full back. It was Impulse, he chuckled at the progress he made and landed on top of his smoke pipe and almost slipped. The floor was a foggy glass which he stared at, it was almost mesmerizing.

Grian sighed and looked over at the edge of the tower, not moving from his spot in the middle. He flinched as the vision of...someone getting shot with an arrow?

It clouds his mind but he doesn't notice his face getting wet.

Little did he know that there was a little birdy watching from afar...

{ Impulse POV }

"Hm? What's that over there?"

I spotted a red figure on top of my tower while I was flying around my base, checking my progress.

I get closer and see...oh! It's Grian!

A smile crawls on my face as I glide down behind one of my little poles, hiding behind. Don't want him seeing me now do I? Wiping my brunette hair off my face, I squint to get a closer look and see that...

What...?

He's...crying

I stand there shocked and in a state of panic, why is Grian crying? Did something happen? Did someone do this?

I shook my head and used a rocket to fly over to him, trying to act natural and calm myself. I landed and could tell he got pretty startled, probably from the rocket...

I looked up with a slightly nervous smile on my face and waved at him, "Hey G..."

Panic spreads across his face as looks away, quickly wiping his tears with his sleeve. The hermit turns back to me with a clearly fake smile,

"Oh! Hey Impulse" he chuckles

An awkward silence settles in, with me giving him a worried look. Trying to get eye contact but he keeps diverting his eyes from me, is it because he's still startled or because of...me?

I see him look at me from head to toe until we finally, finally have eye contact. Blue meets brown.

Red meets red...

"Grian are you-"

"It's fine Impulse...I'm fine."

I open my mouth to say more but nothing comes out, so I sigh and go to the edge of the tower, sitting down. I pat the space beside me, motioning for him to sit down with no words. Seeing him settle down in the corner of my eye, I put my hand on his and I could feel him suddenly shaking.

Oh, so it's me...

A deafening silence came between us but was quickly broken by the man beside me.

"It was Last Life..." he admitted while looking at the sky

My eyes slightly widen at this and I try to ask about it

"Wha-"

"Your death. I saw you getting shot."

I was caught off guard with that and my eyes filled with worry, his eyes were filled with worry.

I looked at him and could still see the dry tears from his face, his eyes a bit foggy and his wings gave a gloomy feeling. He was also blushing but his face showed no clear emotion.

He looked up at me with a sad smile and chuckled, opening his mouth but I cut him off with a sudden embrace.

A hug

This simple gesture was well...able to set him lose which calmed down my worries.

Grian didn't do anything but started sobbing in my arms and gripped the back of my black shirt tight, his tears staining my shoulder but of course I didn't mind.

He needed comfort, he needed this.

I didn't really think my death would affect him this much but I can blame him, he was pretty much the only member of the South Lands left. Well it's not like the South Lands existed anymore...

"I'm sorry for leaving you..."

Grian's grip on my shirt tightened

"I-I panicked when y-you got shot by Scott..." He said with his voice hoarse

Rubbing circles on his back, I feel his breathing calm down and his cries slowly soften. It was a relief and I smiled. About a minute had passed and we sat there as the sun set so I pulled away, expecting him to be asleep but he was fully awake.

He blinked as we stared at each other, both of our cheeks warming up.

"Uhmm- I'm sorry for breaking down in front of you...and for your shirt." He scratched the back of his neck

I gave him a warm chuckle

"Don't apologize and..."

I softly take his arm away from his neck as he stops scratching, taking his hand in mine. I then lean in, whispering into his ear

"Don't worry"

And kissed him.

It was unexpected but Grian actually kissed back, closing his eyes. It wasn't a heated kiss and didn't last long but by the time it stopped, we were both out of breath.

'Wow...'

We were both blushing a lot and seeing him cover his face with his sleeves is really cute heh

"U-uhmm well that was- something" I chuckled while looking away

Grian, who was clearly trying to hold his laughter, lost it and started laughing. It was a nice sight to see right after him crying I'll admit.

"Y-yeah..."

. . .

"Impulse...?"

"Yeah?"

"...thank you for staying"

He leaned onto my shoulder and grabbed my sleeve, I sigh in content with a smile.

"Of course, I won't leave again...I promise"

---------------------------------------------------
Author Notes:

HEE HEE BOII- I come back with more gay because I can :D
This was honestly really fun to write! There's a kiss scene because I craved it while writing don't judge me-

Uhhhh I hope you guys enjoyed it? Some parts are based off of Last Life session 7 I think- 
Anyways~ Baii uwu