We'll Meet Again | ???

Peace...

It was a quiet day, no sound but the wind.

Clear blue skies with no clouds in sight, soft grass dotted with small wild flowers and an old willow tree in the center of it all. The tree was almost ancient, its wood holding the deepest and darkest things in the world.

But...The world wasn't just filled with nature and emptiness, oh not in the slightest. It was filled with life, memories and secrets in the air.

Two hearts

They sat there with no care in the world, in the bliss of a dream. One was a luminous purple and the other was a golden yellow, both shining equally bright no matter where they were.

It was a warm sight, filled with love and sweetness but also filled with sorrow and grief.

Everything was bliss, silence inside this world of chaos. Was this a fantasy? Or was this a reality? The world was still, until one slowly opened its eyes.

And so the dream begins...

{ 3rd POV }

He slowly opened his eyes and squinted as they adjusted to the new environment around him, the world was bright around him. A few seconds later, his eyes widened as he took in the new land around him.

'Where was he?' he questioned no one but himself. Impulse rubbed his eyes and looked around the mysterious place, it seemed to be an endless plain with nothing in sight.

Everything feels so nostalgic but he doesn't know why...

He snapped out of his concentration to feel something or someone on his shoulder, he slowly turned his head to see-

Grian?

He was confused, worried, and shocked. What was he doing here? Why is he here? Is he okay? Is he asleep? The thoughts appear in his mind in a panic and shock

Or is he...

The thought crossed his mind and he quickly shook my head, he shouldn't think like that his mind told him. He seemed to be breathing and no visible injuries were shown so...he should be fine.

He reached his hand to try and wake him up but-

"I can't."

He looks so...at peace? A look he hasn't seen in a long time, he's only seen him so panicked or stressed.

Impulse sighs but continues to stare at the sleeping figure, his eyes had a slight tint of worry; only masked by warmth.

The two had been close friends for years and well...

Ever since their arrival to the new world of 3rd Life or Last Life, they have gotten closer but at the same time stretch further away from each other.

He turns to look at the endless sky and lays his head back on the tree and closes his eyes, wishing his questions can be answered but of course, miracles don't happen that easily.

Chuckling to himself, he slowly stands up while making sure Grian doesn't fall or wake up.

He adjusts the other's head to comfortably lay on the wood and wipes off some dust off his legs.

He sighs in content and squats to be at level with his friend and gently moves his hair to the side,

A smiles as a single tear falls down from brown eyes

Impulse takes a deep breath and stands up but his eyes never leave the other's face.

With a small but melancholic smile, he closes his eyes as the dream slowly starts to fade...

"We'll meet again"

. . .

{ ??? POV }

I wake up in a cold sweat and damp cheeks and look around me, I was in my small little hideout, alone.

Combing my hand through my hair, I look up at the empty ceiling

"So it was a dream..."

[ Art by kxshi.yu on Instagram, please check him out! His art is amazing <3 ]

yu on Instagram, please check him out! His art is amazing <3 ]

-------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:

- Hello again! It has been...a month- BUT HEY I'M NOT DEAD! Just procrastinating o-o''
Uhhh yes I come back with quite the interesting style of words, a bit poetic you could say~

The spacing is on crack so sorry for that- ALSO! The art at the end right! This entire fanfic was inspired by Shikos amazing art so PLEASE CHECK HIM OUT AAAAAAA

Ok I think this is all, thank you Shiko for giving me the honors of writing this and adios my friendsssss