Chapter 37 B : 🔥Burn Baby, Burn🔥

❤️‍🔥

"Relax, Rab. It'll be fine", Andre tried to calm me down while nagmumukmok ako sa passenger seat of our uber. "I don't think Amanda's the type who would require you to give a gift for her birthday anyway".

"You're only saying that to make me calm, eh ikaw nga nakabili ka naman agad ng gift. Saan ka ba nakabili? You didn't even tell me".

Andre scratched the back of his neck.

"I've been planning this surprise for weeks tapos this is what I had to forget pa", I pouted.

"You can always tell her your gift will follow — besides — isn't she going to stay with —", he glanced at the Uber driver who looked too focused on driving to even listen.

"— you tonight?", he chuckled. "Trust me, that's more than a gift".

A blush creeped on my cheeks. "Hoy ha! Hindi — I mean", I sighed.

"I don't even know her plans after the party", I played with my fidgeting fingers. I'm starting to become anxious — did I even make the right decision to just crash the party in an attempt to surprise Amanda?

I looked out the passing cars and highway fence. Doubt was filling my head.

"Hey", Andre rubbed my back lightly.

"I'm sure she'll  prefer to go with you. No question. Besides, have you seen yourself in the mirror tonight? You are smokin'! She'd be first in line — or sorry, rather, she'd be the first and only person you'll allow to fall in line to go back to the hotel with you."

His reply almost made me laugh, because it was true. I don't intend on taking any other person back with me except for the birthday celebrant — hmm, that thought gave me an idea about a different kind of present. Something that she would surely love if I do it right.

"Maybe you're right", I smiled at Andre who looked dashing in his unusual choice of psychedelic cat print button up shirt.

"You think we can get in without RSVPing though?", I blurted.

"Rab, it's Amanda's party. Like you're the only person who has the power to get into that party without any confirmation —- and —- like what I said earlier, with that look —", he fanned himself and smiled.

"—you're the hottest ticket".

Suddenly the car cruised on an inclined road.

"Looks like we're almost at the hotel. We're in JFK", Andre looked around.

My heart began to palpitate. I was feeling nervous but at same time, ready to put my game face on.

To surprise and get my girl, I have to feel my very best and act with confidence.

The car stopped in front of a retro-looking driveway.

"Alright, TWA Hotel. Have a good evening", the driver announced.

"Thanks man, appreciate the drive", Andre said while handing our driver some cash na hindi ko alam kung magkano.

"Let's go", Andre got out of the car and ran to open the door beside me — he offered his hand so I could step out of the car comfortably. What a gentleman.