ch 1 | it wasn't a trick.

after years of yanfei and hutao's friendship, hu tao finally concluded how she felt for yanfei. she loved her. how alluring her smile was, how bright her eyes were in her world, how clever she was, and how beautiful she was. she was her dream.

hu tao hesitated, delivering the letter to yanfei. nervously knocking on the door of yanfei.

" come in! "

" oh yanfei, are you available later? i have this letter for you, let's hangout later at qingce village, i have things i want to take about to you. " hu tao let out of her chest, leaving a heavy sigh.

" hm? an invitation? sure! i'm available later, it wouldn't hurt! afterall, i've been doing lots of work and i need a break. " yanfei grabbed the letter from hu tao's hands, opening the seal above.

" bye yanfei! see you later~ " hu tao smirked, laughing and leaving the house. she got ready to go to qingce village, practicing by herself, her own words.

" hu tao, you can do this. stay calm. " hu tao reassured herself, getting anxious about what would happen.

.

arriving at qingce village, yanfei looked at hu tao, from across. at the tree in the sunny evening, she ran to her.

" hey hu tao, what did you want to say? " yanfei asked, clueless of the words about to be spoken to her.

" yanfei... all these years we have been friends together, laughing and hanging out with each other, the times we had together, i've developed.. feelings for you... i-i love you yanfei... " hu tao sighed, letting her deep breaths out.

" hu tao i... i'm sorry.. i don't like you back. i have a lot of work to do and have no time for a relationship, and i'm not prepared for a relationship.. i hope you can understand, and can we stay as friends? " yanfei felt guilty saying those words, but it was for the sake of her comfort.

" i-i understand... don't worry, it's just a prank! " hu tao ran away from the village, lamenting, tears streaming down from her bright irises. yanfei ran, trying to find her, but couldn't.

yanfei tried looking everywhere for hu tao, in no luck. she immediately ran to the wangsheng funeral parlor, looking for zhongli.

.

" zhongli, have you seen hu tao? "

" nope. that child told me she'd go somewhere with you, what happened? "

" she ran away from me... i can't find her.. "

" what..? where did you guys go? "

" to qingce village.."

" let's find her immediately. come on. " zhongli rushed, pulling yanfei's arm.

they arrived at qingce village, the dark nightsky filled with stars shining the place alongside the moon. it was a beautiful sight, but hu tao was missing.

" yanfei, i ask you to look through the bushes while i ask the people around the village. " zhongli commanded, rushing to the village.

yanfei nodded, trinkling through every bush to find her, in no luck.

//an:

hi! if you saw the deleted prologue, i was going for a different kind of angst, but i feel like this one would be better. good luck~ and chapter questions from author; who's your genshin main(s)?