ch 2 | growth of silk flowers

hu tao ran from qingce village to wangshuu inn. the lanterns above liyue making the endless night magical. she watched above, tears streaming down her emotionless face. thinking of yanfei above the sky.

arm slinging on her knee, she felt her heart suffer from pain, and silk flowers being coughed up from her bronchi.

she put her hand on her chest, coughing more silk flowers and feeling it grow more. it hurt a lot.

she tried running to liyue harbor where she lived, but fainted along the way.

.

zhongli and yanfei gave up search for hu tao, and decided to come back to liyue harbor. the long walk was silent.

they arrived atlast at liyue harbor.

" yanfei, how about we put up posters tomorrow? it's getting late. "

" i could do that, but law numbe- "

" i'll tell lady ningguang. don't worry, yanfei. "

.

keqing was walking around liyue, a certain element from her work required her to go outside. it was late, she was exploring, as she found hu tao on the floor, faint. in shock, she ran, carrying hu tao's body immediately to bubu pharmacy. she felt the flowers grow more in hu tao.

at bubu pharmacy, she laid her down, waiting for her.

" hello, ms. keqing, it appears hu tao is suffering from the hanahaki disease, and she will have to stay here for a week. are you informed of anyone who was with her before this happened? if so, tell me. " the green haired doctor, baizhu asked, passing a paper onto keqing to sign.

" could you please sign this? "

" yes, thank you. and no, i don't have any clue of who and what happened to hu tao. " keqing sighed, writing down information and signing the paper.

" may i ask how she's doing right now, dr. baizhu? is she okay? "

" right now she is resting, we gave her some herbs and are taking care of her. you have the options to leave, or stay. "

" i'll inform lady ningguang, and zhongli, and then i'll stay. " she was very serious at this moment. she rushed to the liyue qixing to inform ningguang.

at her arrival, she rushed to lady ningguang, the beautiful tianquan of the qixing. she was drinking tea with beidou on the side of liyue.

" lady ningguang, there's an emergency. i know you assigned hu tao to prepare the festive decorations, for the upcoming festival, but she's suffering the hanahaki disease. and if you don't know that, it's when onesided love is present, the person will start coughing and growing flowers, the only cure is death, or romantic love back. i apologize for not finishing up my work. " keqing was very worried for hu tao, sighing over the stress.

" oh i see, that is settled and fine. but for you keqing, you must get some rest. it was an emergency, and you shouldn't worry. " ningguang confirmed, allowing her to pass off time.

" yup, what she said, you may rest now, but if you're really worried about hu tao, we can take turns checking on her. " beidou assured her, sipping more tea.

" i'll just watch over her. i'm next to inform zhongli. " keqing answered, leaving to go to zhongli.

she was really worried about hu tao, she couldn't think. she arrived at a nearby restaurant where zhongli drinks tea and listens to stories at.

" zhongli, i apologize for disrupting your time, but i'd like to inform you that hu tao is suffering the hanahaki disease. "

" hanahaki? is she at bubu pharmacy? me and yanfei looked everywhere for her, but couldn't find her. it's an honor, lady keqing. " zhongli calmed down.

" yes, she's at bubu pharmacy. you can check on her later. " keqing hummed, brushing her purple hair.

" thank you. " zhongli smiled.

keqing traveled back to bubu pharmacy, questioning about who could've rejected hu tao? finding every answer she could, it would take a while.

" greetings again dr. baizhu, i will be watching over hu tao. how is she now? "

" she's worse now. we're trying our best to treat her. " baizhu was very serious.

//an
i enjoyed making this chapter, and i hope you enjoyed it too! chapter questions!; what are your hobbies?