ch 5 | longer sleep

yanfei patted her head more, as the moon finally rose up, and the stars started to shine above.

suddenly hearing the door creak, she noticed the traveler enter, tired but ready to check on hu tao.

" o-oh hey traveler.. "

" hi yanfei, lady keqing sent me to watch over and take care of hu tao. it's honestly getting tiring. " the traveler sighed, sitting beside yanfei.

" n-no traveler, you don't have to take care of her if you're tired, let me do it, it was my fault she's like this anyway.. "

" are you sure you can do this? also, what did you do. "

" she confessed to me one day and, i rejected her, not that i didn't like her or anything, i just wasn't ready, and loving is hard when you think they'll hate you. " yanfei closed her eyes, in mere regret.

" it's okay to do that, it was understandable, if you insist on staying with her, i'll tell lady keqing. " the traveler exited the room after comforting yanfei.

yanfei looked at hu tao, sleeping peacefully in bed. she decided to rest with her aswell, laying beside her.
.
hu tao woke up from her sleep, confused on what was happening, she noticed she felt better, and the flowers in her nose and mouth have disappeared. looking beside her, she saw yanfei asleep, snuggling the pillow hu tao was laying on. hu tao stood up, a little drained, looking at dr. baizhu from the work station.

" dr. b-baizhu? "

baizhu looked back, seeing hu tao up. " oh hello hu tao! you're finally awake. how do you feel? "

" a little tired, i'd say, and i-is this yanfei beside me? what happened to her? "

" she's just here to watch over you, she's really worried about you, and regretted even rejecting you. she'a just scared you would hate her if she was too clingy, it frustrated her. " baizhu flipped more pages of his clipboard, signing each box of the form from patients.

" i would never.. i love yanfei the way she is, if she was scared of that, she should've told me.. no. i shouldn't have ran. i just thought she loved someone else. please tell her that. "

" no hu tao, she can't feel nor express love, she wished to, but couldn't, for that sole reason of being hated. also, i recommend you sleep again. "

" o-okay.. " hu tao laid back in bed, disappointment filling her brain. she couldn't love? she was really worried for yanfei, more than herself. how bad that would have felt. yanfei would usually be outgoing, but she would also overthink at times, how she thought she would be too much for others, and that she'd be left behind. she felt so bad for yanfei.
.
yanfei woke up the next morning, seeing hu tao change positions.

" dr. baizhu, is she okay now? " yanfei looked down at her, seeing her struggle in bed.

" i hope so. she woke up earlier, and she told me how she felt. and how you did. not sure if she stayed up, since i fell asleep soon then. "

" that's good to hear.. is it okay if i get some breakfast? i might ask lady keqing to watch over her again.. " yanfei smiled, brushing hu tao's messy hair.

" yes, i can watch over her, and you cab come by later. " baizhu yawned.
.
yanfei arrived at the liyue qixing, soon getting reprimanded by the millelith.

" hey, who are you? you can't proceed unless you state your reasoning of being here, and who you are. "

" nono, i need to talk to lady keqing, i'm a good friend of hers, and it's quite important matter. " yanfei backed off, ready to surrender when needed.

" hmph.. i'll get the yuheng here. "

keqing opened the door, seeing the millelith guard yelling at yanfei.

" hey! quit it. that girl, is my friend yanfei. it's quite important matters if she needs to be here. " keqing commanded, serious as usual.

" ma'am yes ma'am, apologies, ms. yanfei, i shall let you in. " the millelith opened the door, allowing them to get inside.

" so yanfei, why are you here? "

" can you watch over hu tao, i have some work to do, because of the lantern rite festival.. "

" sure, that's fine. i'll head there soon. "
.
keqing came back, awaiting the doctor's news.

" good morning, lady keqing. i have unfortunate news for you.. "

" what is it? is she okay? "

" her condition is getting worse, assumingly from what i told her about yanfei. she's getting worse, and weaker. "

" oh no, this isn't good. please inform the tianquan for me? and please, do your best in treating her. the lantern rite festival, is going to have a delay. " keqing broke a sweat, staring at hu tao.

" i will. i've already sent qiqi to get herbs for hu tao. "

" thank you. " keqing softly smiled.

//an:
hihi! i had fun writing this part, it was quite enjoyable, if it's rushed or confusing, i'm really sorry! i rushed a little bit, but i tried to make it as good as possible 4 u guys! kinda makes me nervous writing when i have nearly 100 people who viewed this book, hehe, but i hope you'll still enjoy, and i mustn't forget, chapter questions! how is 2.3 going for you? did you pull anyone? and if you haven't updated your genshin yet, who are you pulling for?