ch 6 | 5th med.

baizhu wrote a letter, demure and serious as usual, writing to the tianquan.

" dear lady ningguang of the liyue qixing, i propose this letter to you, from the yuheng, lady keqing, that she will not be available for work for a few days or so, to watch over hu tao. hu tao is suffering a worse condition, and the yuheng would tell you that she will be watching her for a while. best regards, dr. baizhu of bubu pharmacy. " he wrote down his signature on the paper, sticking it with tape to seal it.

" dr. baizhu.. i uh.. got the herbs for.. uh.. who again..? but i got the herbs. " qiqi looked up, passing the bag of herbs.

" thank you, qiqi. now, let me mix these, and boil it for a bit. it will take about 30 minutes. " baizhu mixed the herbs, leaving it in a pot.

a knock was banged on the door, ganyu entered, holding a bag of food, passing it to keqing.

" u-uh keqing! lady ningguang told me to give you food.. here's breakfast, lunch and dinner.. " ganyu smiled.

" thank you ganyu, i'm not quite sure how long i'll be here to watch hu tao. "

" i'm sure she'll be fine soon. i'll visit here for you and hu tao, keqing. " ganyu left the pharmacy, ready to do more work again.

keqing bit into her pancakes, freshly cooked. the whipped cream complimenting to the fresh and hot taste of the soft parts, the berries adding flavor to the pancakes, and the syrup giving a sweet taste to the toppings. it was delicious.

eating pieces one by one, the sweet-tasting pancakes were soon to be finished. she cleaned up the mess, packing away her breakfast.

" lady keqing, you're just in time, i've finished boiling this and let it cool down, you may give it to hu tao now. i have documents to sign. " baizhu gave the bottle to keqing.

she poured it down hu tao's mouth again, careful and steady as ever. she prayed to rex lapis, that she'd recover oh-so soon.

yanfei came back, looking at hu tao's condition. she carried her cheek, her somnolent eyes shut close, her once ebullient smile, shut to a frown. she shed more forlorn tears, blaming herself for this fate.

she shouldn't have rejected her. that was her thoughts. but should've she?

she tried calming down hu tao's trembling skin, her struggles coming in mind, as flowers started growing more and more. she was getting worse.

" dr. baizhu! she's struggling! " yanfei yelled, keqing rushing in to see her condition, in immediate shock, as dr. baizhu ran. he held a cold towel, pressing it onto her head, patting it. he poured some antibiotics in her mouth to avoid worse side effects from the herbal medicine.

" calm her down, use this fan, and the antibiotics will take effect soon. the cold towel will calm her down. "

" but you're the doctor! you should know what you should do! " keqing reprimanded.

" i have work to- fine. i have experience anyway. " dr. baizhu ran to the bed, calming down hu tao, slowly. yanfei flopping the fan up and down, making sure she doesn't get sweaty nor stressed.

keqing pat her head, trying to help her. hu tao slowly calming down by the minute, back to her peaceful sleep.

" she's seemingly okay. i'll get back at work, yell if you need me. " baizhu ran back to sign his documents.

" rush much? come on. she was struggling.. " yanfei exasperated. patting hu tao once again.

" i'll make sure you live, and stay happy. " yanfei smiled, whispering to hu tao's ear.

" i can't stand seeing you suffer because of me. goodbye for now. " yanfei left, going to the wangsheng funeral parlor to inform zhongli.
.
" how is she? is she okay? " zhongli stayed placid, waiting for an answer.

" she's getting worse, but we gave her medicine. i hope she'll be alright, how's work at the funeral parlor withour hu tao, the director? "

" great news. the funeral parlor is manageable, and will be fine. "

" that's good to hear. i'll head to work now, bye, mr. zhongli. " yanfei heading out of the parlor, looking up to the afternoon sky, to the clouds above.

" you can do this, hu tao. "

//an:
heyhey~ i'm sorry if my story is getting worse, or repetitive, i'm trying to keep a good plot and update you guys. i have a lot of reads on this so i'm kinda nervous when writing, but i hope i didn't disappoint! won't forget the chapter questions; what's your favorite season? and goodbye, see you next chapter~ <33