01- Back home

*Ameerah*

*Ameerah*

"Salaams Ummi, what you up to?"

"Nothing Ameerah, go have a wash, you're just after school and you smell wonderful, just wonderful!!"

"Can I have your phone for a minute Ummi?"

"You just came back from school Ameerah, why do you need my phone, didn't you just spend quality time with you friends"

"But I just want to see it! And the only thing you do is just scroll through Instagram or Pinterest, like come on, is there anything interesting there!"

"Hold your tongue Ameerah, now shove off before I call Abba"

When will things come back to normal, come back to how it was.. ever since Ammaar Naana went to South Africa for higher education, things have been like this.. do they miss their only son and hence putting all their frustration on me! Just why me then?!

Little did Ameerah know that this was nothing compared to the things She'll be faced with in the near future.. slowly but surely she'll be faced with trials to make her worthy for the abode that's reserved for her..

"laa laa, laa nahthaajul maala, kay nazdaada jamaala , jawharnaahuna fee qalbi thalaala, laa laa...."

"Ameeeeraaahhh!! How many times do I have to tell you not to sing in the bathroom, and now you are just not singing, but reciting the Qur'an also! Do you want the angels cursing you for every thing you utter in the washroom, you are forcing them to enter the washroom just to write down what you are uttering!"

"Ummi, its not the Qur'an.. it's an Arabic song!!"

"Whatever! Just Hurry up and don't waste water!"

"aaaaaaaahhhhhh!! Ummmmiiiiiii!!"

"what now Ameerah?!"

"there's a cockroach ummi!! Aaahhh!!"

"Oh god! Just hit it with your slipper Ameerah!"

"but Ummi it will die!". I definitely did have a soft spot for any creature..