Chapter Two - 2-A

The bell chimed through the halls of U.A. high eight times, signifying the beginning of class.

Or, for U.A's Heroics Class 2-A, the beginning of their second week of detention.

While the rest of the students bustled about outside, moving hastily into the dorms and figuring out meal plans with their fellow classmates, 2-A sat indoors, having already moved into the dorms as soon as they were built. The students, knee deep in assignments and repeat classes, all felt some degree of jealousy. Most of them were stuck looking out the window, writing their papers as a collective feeling of anger filled the room. While the latter half were trying to keep sleep at bay. The classroom was full this time with no absences, and all their desks faced forward. 5 in a row, 4 rows, all equally drained.

"They really meant it when they said punishment this time.." Kuro sighed, breaking the longest silence in 2-A history. He leaned forward on his desk until eventually his forehead hit the wood, waking himself up. A few students nodded in agreement, stretching and yawning in tandem.

"Don't get too comfortable," a male classmate chimed in, putting lead in his mechanical pencil, "The new teacher arrives in approximately 30 minutes," he clicked the pencil two times before taking it to paper and immediately breaking the lead he just put in. The student in front of him held in a groan.

"You could've just said 9 o'clock.." Akechi said, boring her green eyes into the blackboard in front of them. The words "English Essay Due Today" and "They're out of pudding in the Cafeteria" were written on it. Next to that was a string of rude messages from various students, arguing with each other through writing. It was a poll on if they should all take a skip day, the verdict being a rather large no.

"Why do they get to have fun while we're trapped in here.." one of the students asked, breaking his pencil in two. The classmate beside him shrugged. Suzume had already finished all of her assignments in advance, so she was flipping through the pages of her textbook aimlessly.

"Well we could go into detail, Kemuri," she mumbled, clearly annoyed as she handed him a new pencil, "let's begin with Daigo, who started every class by arguing with the teacher." she said the last two words with malice, as if it affected her personally.

"What can I say? He was a coward and a pri-" Daigo started, dragging his pen across the paper in front of him, but Suzume cut him off as quick as she called him out.

"Not an excuse," she shook her head, pointing at another girl in the class, "Or Inugami, who keeps skipping class to go to the mall," her tone was demeaning, but it didn't seem to affect the bushy haired student, who sat back and continued to file her nails, clawing through her hair with them.

"For once I agree with Daigo, he was incredibly boring. He talked too much about nothing" she sighed, rolling her eyes. Another student, one with cloud-like pupils, piped up. She sat on the edge of her seat as she talked.

"And that prank at the beginning of the semester! Brown tried to gas Henko with his quirk when he walked in," she said and then giggled at the thought. The student next to her closed her book abruptly. Her scarlet hair fell to the side as she craned her neck to look at her classmate.

"If I recall correctly, half the class planned that prank out, and the rest of us got detention for it already.." she said. Her voice was creepy and subtly hid the urge to smack the latter upside the head. But before that could happen, the student who took the form of a snake panicked frantically in the back of the class.

"L-letsss try not to target each other." she pleaded, rather afraid of the rising tension in the room, "letsss just focus on welcoming the new teacher!" She tried to stay positive despite her stutter, but some of her classmates weren't as kind.