Chapter Seven - The Hot Spring Hero

"LEAVE ME ALONE BROWN!" Ito Souta shouted in distress, racing to the edge of the battlefield. He narrowly escaped being hit in the head with a gas-filled baseball bat.

The next fight started and ended faster than any of the battles in the day. Brown Fran, the class prankster, was facing off against Ito Souta, the class loner. Both of them looked at each other for a single moment before the whistle was blown. Then, Fran ran up to Souta and swung his bat towards his skull, watching as Ito ducked and ran to the opposite side of the field. This continued on for several minutes. The weapon appeared to be filled with an orange colored smoke. Students assumed it was knock-out medicine made from Brown's quirk, Drug Effect.

"Get AWAY! I Quit!" Ito yelled as he rolled to the side. At this point he had made it to every corner of the battlefield. Occasionally Ito used his quirk, Geo-Metric, to pick up one of the concrete tiles telepathically and shoot it at Fran. It would miss, and then he would shout in anger as he dodged another bludgeon to the face. He had every opportunity to jump off the side and receive an out of bounds, but part of him didn't want to lose out of spite. In the end, he decided to target the teachers, begging them to do something with his cries for help.

"Ito surrendered and Brown is still going after him," Johannes Morrigan said in irritation, taking off his visor for the first time since he got there. "It appears he's batting for the head. Should we do anything?"

"Not sure.. It could be bad if we interfered.." All Might observed, but quickly snapped his jaw shut. There was a slight anger emanating from the person next to him that caused him to swallow his words.

"I'm handling it myself." Hisakawa stated, brushing the steam away from her ears as she stood up and aimed her hand towards the battlefield. She squinted her eyes tight, closing her fist and pointing one finger at Fran's weapon. Within a second, a sharp stream of water had blasted from her hand and into the bat, breaking it in half and releasing the orange gas inside. It dissipated in the air as she walked up to the field, a deep glare in her eyes. Ito scrambled to the rightmost corner of the stage in horror. Opposite to this, his opponent smiled wide at his teacher, greeting her as she stepped up to meet them. 

"Wow Hisakawa, what move was that?" Brown asked to distract from the issue. Hisakawa's heels hit the concrete with a tone of aggression as they pulled to a stop.

"Mr. Brown, would you care to read rule 2 aloud?" She demanded. Brown took one glance over at the board next to them, adjusting his glasses fakely.

"Don't give your opponent head trauma, yadda yadda." He misread, waving his hand in front of her, "What's the point if I can't bash their head in?" His question was met with the most dead stare Hisakawa could muster. The corner of her lenses cracked from the heat emanating from her cheeks.

"You're disqualified. Ito wins." She commanded, gesturing him off the stage. Brown stuck out his tongue and grinned wide, snickering to himself as he left in the opposite direction. Hisakawa pinched the rim of her nose, shouting; "Kemuri, Genji. You're up." as she walked off the side.

"Hold on I surrendered-" Ito began to complain, but immediately stopped as if his throat was being grabbed. He could sense an ominous presence from across the stadium. It was leering at him as if he was about to make a mistake. It became clear to the student that he had no choice but to continue to the finals as he took his seat in the bleachers.

As much as he hated doing the work, he feared Daigo more.

Hisakawa clapped twice to bring the class' attention back to the battlefield. The last two students had already made their way up there, standing face to face on opposite sides. One had a determined look, stretching one arm over the other as he flexed the wings in his costume. The other was more cautious, surveying the landscape and making mental notes of all the cracks in the platform.