Chapter 3: The Past i

Demeter had birthed another girl. She loved her daughter and created a sanctuary for her. "What should I name you my little angel?" She questions in wonder making the little toddler in her arms giggle in delight. "Anthea..."said a voice from behind them.

Demeter turned around in shock only to see her dear daughter Persephone. "Persephone! Is it spring that quickly? How did Hades allow you to come see me?" She asks in bafflement.

"I simply told him that I have a younger sister that I want to go see and he let me come but he too is here......probably at the area where you were waiting for the gods to come bless.." Persephone says with a smile.

Demeter smiled as they approached the area where All the Greek gods awaited to bless baby Anthea.

"Demeter, Is this really your daughter? She is a beauty....you don't mind me promising her to Apollo?" Zeus jokingly asked making Demeter glare daggers at him.

"My Daughter will have her own free will to choose who she wishes to marry and whose children she would want to bear.....Zeus you better stay away from my baby or I'll kill you" Demeter says angrily before placing baby Anthea in her crib for blessings.

All was going well, he gods and goddesses were blessing little Anthea and rejoicing before leaving for Olympus however, Hades and Persephone stayed a little longer.

"Hades, you are the eldest of us and I wish for you to ensure my daughter goes to Elysium should she have to die." Demeter suddenly asked making Hades choke on his wine.

"Isn't she immortal like all of us Demeter?" Hades asked but Demeter remained quiet.

"Demeter??" He called but no answer.

"DEMETER?!" He called angrily making her look at him with tears filling her eyes.

"SHE ISN'T IMMORTAL!....Aidoneus....she'd born under mother's and Persephone's stars.....my little Anthea is a fertility being.....she won't be immortal because at her time of birth, Jupiter was not in her favour....." Demeter says in tears.

Hearing Demeter address him by his former name made Hades soften. The least he could do for his sister was agree and so that's what he did.

"Demeter....I promise you that little Anthea will go to Elysium if she had to pass on." He said calmly making Demeter smile at him brightly.

After a while, Hades and Persephone returned to the Underworld and Demeter hushed baby Anthea to sleep.

What she hadn't told Hades was that Bab Anthea was destined to be killed by her and a King who she'd grow to love. She knew that the fates had spoken and so Demeter was going to do everything in her power to avoid that future for little Anthea.

"I will protect you with every bit of power that I have my little Anthea. I could not protect your elder sister from Hades but I will protect you from the greedy and lustful eyes of man." Demeter says as she laid baby Anthea into her sleeping crib and created 10 flower nymphs.

"From the very moment you have breathed, you have sworn to protect and befriend Anthea.....I Demeter....mother of Anthea command you to always care for Anthea as if she was a sister to you. Should you betray or break the vow you bounded to, you shall perish immediately." Demeter commanded.

"Understood my lady." The nymphs chimed.

Demeter smiled and left the nursery.....She knew now that no one would harm her precious little Anthea.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX