Chapter 6 - The Past ii

20 years had past since the birth of Earth Princess Anthea.

She had grown to be a beautiful young princess however... she was extremely spoilt. Demeter always allowed Anthea to have her way in the sanctuary and threathened all who wanted to defy her wishes and commands.

Anthea always threw her weight around and bossed everyone. Her one flower nymph, Erica, had enough of Anthea's spoil ways and decided to make Demeter teach Anthea a lesson. She planned to do this on Anthea's birthday.

Anthea had just risen with joy and happiness gleaming in her eyes. "Happy birthday sister Anthea." said Erica whilst spreading Anthea's favorite fragrant incense in the room.

"Thank you sister Erica.." She beamed before falling back into the bed covers.

"What's the matter princess? Don't you wish to celebrate your birthday?" Erica asks making the earth princess sigh.

"No Erica....Mother is going to narrate her boring story of how we all came into being before taking me to the markets to purchase whatever I want to keep and what I want to eat and then throw a boring banquet....I'm sick of it now!...I want to see something new...see new things....I wanna do so much of new things but what new things should I do?" Anthea complained making Erica smile wickedly to herself.

She placed the incense on the table and went to Anthea.

"Princess, don't tell your mother that I told you this but...There's a place above this sanctuary." Erica says making Anthea jump upright.

"Really? Mother told me that this is the only place in the world....does that mean mama lied to me?" Anthea asked.

"Well, the goddess wants to protect you from all that lives above....but it's a nice place....I go there every summer to bathe under the sky." Erica says in a innocent voice.

"What's a sky?" Anthea asks making Erice chuckle.

"See my princess.....Your mother has deprived you from knowing what's a sky....I can try and take you there but your mother will have me killed.." Erica says making Anthea draw back in fear.

"I want to go there now! I want to! I want to! I WANT TO!" She yelled before going angrily to Demeter's quarters.

Erica smiled evilly before going to the tunnel that leads to Earth's surface. She undid the seal and did not replace it thus making the tunnel visible to man....

Meanwhile Anthea threw the biggest fit outside Demeter's quarters to o to the land above.

"Mama...MAMA! I WANT TO GO TO THE LAND ABOVE!! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE LISTENING! AND THAT'S WHAT I WANT FOR THIS YEAR! I WANT TO GO TO SEE THE LAND ABOVE!!!!" She yelled.

Demeter at that time had just finish send out invitations to all the gods and goddesses when Anthea's sudden screamings caused her to sigh and go outside.

She opened the door and beheld a very very angry Anthea.

"What's wrong with mother's little princess?" She asks making Anthea go up to her and stand upright.

"MAMA, I WANT TO GO TO THE LAND ABOVE!" Anthea demanded making Demeter's eyes widen.

"From who and where did you hear that?" Demeter asked Anthea angrily causing her to backup in fear.

Anthea never saw Demeter angry before....She began to see that Erica's fear was true.

"I saw it in the library....there's a land above us and I want to go there." Anthea answered.

Demeter looked at her angrily. "ANTHEA! I ORDER YOU TO REMAIN BY YOUR LOTUS LAKE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY! THE NYMPHS ARE TO DECK YOU UP AND LEAVE YOU THERE TO REPENT!" Demeter yelled angrily before going into her chambers.

Anthea fell to the ground in tears. She never gotten a scolding like that and now....she felt humiliated because she was yelled at infront of everyone.

The nymphs carried her back to her bed chamber where they dressed her in a white robe with a gold ornament in her hair. They led her to the Lotus lake where they sat her in the middle of the lake on a stone and sealed the place off.

Anthea looked around her and saw that there was nothing much to do and so she laid on the rock and put her hair in the water. She laid on her back and soon got into the water and swam around for a bit. She proceeded back to the rock and fell off to sleep, she remained unaware of how she currently looked.

Meanwhile Demeter recieved an alarm that the sanctuary was infiltrated. "How did this happen? WHERE'S THE GATE GUARDS?!" She asked angrily making the nymph in front of her look at the ground in sadness.

"They're dead my lady..." She says causing Demeter to go in a frantic.

"Guard the perimeters and the lotus lake!" Demeter commanded making all the nymphs and other magic beings proceed with their armory to their station.

Most of the sanctuary was invaded by the mortal kings and princes....including Lotus Lake...

Young prince Lucien made his way to lotus lake where he first saw nothing suspicious but at a closer glance....he saw a sleeping female....

Her dark hair flowed into the water and her clothes clung to her like second skin. Her eyes were a little swollen but nonetheless, she was extremely beautiful.

Prince Lucien did not know what overcame him and swam to the rock on which Anthea remained asleep on. She was so soundly asleep that she never even now when he carressed her!

Not wanting to leave her to die in the hands of the other Kings, Prince Lucien placed a scented pouch filled with sleeping powders by her nose and carried her away from the sanctuary.

"I Prince Lucien, swear to protect you sleeping damsel from the other kings and men." Prince Lucien swore as he rode away on his horse to his kingdom with the princess in his arms......