Not My Home

TW!!: verbal abuse, breakdown

Lunch ended and the cafeteria was buzzing with excitement to get out of school. Tubbo, Ranboo, and Tommy all walked together out of school and down the steps.

Ranboo started to veer off and Tubbo waved to him. "See you later Boo!"

Ranboo waved back at Tubbo and Tommy. Tommy smiled at their friendship, then at his newfound one with Tubbo.

"So! Do you wanna hang out after school? I can go to your house or you can go to mine, but my dad has online meetings so we'd have to be quiet." Tubbo looked at Tommy.

Tommy gulped down the ball of fear and nervously tapped his foot. "Y-yeah you can come over. My mum shouldn't be home until 5 so-"

"Sweet! Let's go!" Tubbo grabbed Tommy's hand and started walking but halted. "Wait," he chuckled, "I don't know where you live."

Tommy smiled. "I'll lead the way, dum dum."

Tubbo stuck his tongue out at Tommy. "Not a dummy."

The two friends walked down the streets of the neighborhood talking and laughing. Slowly their bond grew and grew and they both learned each of them liked Minecraft. "We can play at my house. My brother has a small gaming setup in his room," Tommy said.

"Cool!" Tubbo smiled. Eventually they reached Tommy's house. Tommy stared at the front door. "Okay. Just be quiet, my brother might be sleeping," he lied.

Tubbo nodded and slowly and carefully Tommy opened the door. They snuck in and rushed to Wilbur's room, closing the door softly. Tommy sighed and put his backpack down, setting up Minecraft whilst Tubbo looked around.

"Your brother seems like a musician," Tubbo observed.

Tommy nodded. "He likes to make songs and stuff. Right now he's making one called 'Your New Boyfriend'." Tommy giggled at the name. "I told him it wouldn't get that much traction."

"Hm." Tubbo looked at the posters and then turned to Tommy. "Got everything set up-"

An angry shout echoed through the house. Both boys fell silent. Tommy rushed over to the door and peeked into the hallway. "Here," Tommy handed Tubbo the headphones and pushed him down into the chair. "Play Minecraft whilst I go talk to my mom. Be right back."

Tommy walked out into the living room and looked at his mom rummaging through the cabinets.

"Hi mum."

She turned around and frowned. "Where's the whiskey I told you to buy," she growled.

Tommy looked down. "I didn't pass by the market on the way home- I forgot-"

"YOU FORGOT?!? HOW COULD YOU FORGET SUCH A SIMPLE THING TAMARA?!" She rushed towards Tommy and grabbed his beanie, his blond hair falling down to his shoulders. "Why would you put your hair up like that, you look like a boy. And wear a fucking miniskirt for christ's sake, you're never gonna get a boyfriend dressed like that."

She grumbled and sat down on the couch. "Make me dinner. Your brother doesn't get here till 8 so make him dinner too, he'll be tired."

Tommy stared down at the floor, silent tears dripping down to the dark wood.

"WELL GO CHANGE!" His mom yelled. Tommy flinched and ran back up to Wilbur's room, almost forgetting Tubbo was there. He burst in and flopped down onto the bed, sobbing into the pillow, the force of sadness shaking his body.

"Tommy! Tommy oh god- what happened? What-"

Tubbo stared at Tommy's long blond hair. "Your hair?"