Call Me Later

"So, how was school today?" Wilbur looked down at Tommy.

Tommy shrugged and played with the radio.

Wilbur turned it off and looked at Tommy. "Tommy, tell me what happened."

Tommy sighed a little too loudly. "I got in a fight with Tubbo."

Wilbur turned left. "Tubbo? The boy who helped you when I was coming home?"

"Yeah. That Tubbo." Tommy turned to his side and stared out the window. Coincidentally, it was raining. Sad weather to match my sad day.

"Is that all?" Wilbur asked.

Tommy groaned. "Wilby you don't need to pretend to care about my day, okay?"

Wilbur raised his eyebrows. "Why did you two fight?"

"What's with all the questions?!" Tommy snapped back.

"Hey." Wilbur parked and looked at Tommy sternly. "I'm being your big brother. It's my job and right now my job ONLY to care about you. Why did you two fight? You guys were glued together when I found you."

Tommy sighed. "I met someone new, and Tubbo didn't exactly agree with that person, so he and his friend left."

Wilbur nodded. "Someone new? Is this person good for your life and Tubbo's?"

Tommy shrugged. "I like him a lot."

"But is he a good person?" Wilbur asked slowly.

Tommy thought for a second. "Yeah. Yes, yes of course he is why wouldn't he be."

Wilbur leaned back into the car seat and thought for a moment. "Talk to Tubbo. Things are never gonna get settled out if you keep ignoring him. I couldn't think of any idea how you two would separate."

Tommy shrugged. "I guess."

The two brothers made their way into the cafe they parked at and Wilbur ordered a coffee and hot cocoa. Tommy pulled out his phone and stared at Tubbo's discord icon. He was active, probably talking to someone. Probably to Ranboo.

Tommy decided to quietly join their vc. He didn't know how they didn't notice but he listened to their conversation for a moment.

"I told him I'd support him no matter what. Maybe I shouldn't have walked away. Maybe it was because he has bad stuff going on at home. I knew I shouldn't have-"

"Tubbo, you did the right thing. You did the right thing. I promise. And thank you for taking me to the movies. I really liked it."

"You did? I mean, you know what happened at your house-"

"Yeah, what did you mean by that...you know-"

"I don't know honestly. Heh. But um...does this mean we're more than friends?"

Tommy raised his eyebrows. What happened at Ranboo's house? What did Tubbo mean more than friends?

"I- I guess so? Would you be ok if I called you my-"

"Boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?"

The two voices synced.

Tommy frowned at his phone more and more. What?! Are they together now?!

"Extra whipped cream like you always want." Wilbur set down the cups.

"Hello? Is Tommy here?" Tubbo asked.

"Shit shit shit-" Tommy hurriedly tapped his phone and left the vc.

Wilbur looked at him confused and sipped his coffee. "Were you listening to them?"

Tommy groaned. "I'm so stupid."

"For invading their privacy? Toms that's not ok." Wilbur sipped his coffee. Tommy stared at his hot cocoa, the whipped cream slowly melting. 

"I don't know what to do," Tommy whispered.

Wilbur stared at him.  He knew Tommy wasn't just talking about his dilemma. Wilbur put a hand on Tommy's. "Nobody does, Tommy. Honestly. You're not alone."

Tommy nodded slowly, tears pricking at his eyes. He heard a vibration coming from the table and looked down at his shaking phone. It was...Sapnap. 

"Wha-" Tommy stared at the caller id. "What?" 

Wilbur looked at Tommy confused. The blond boy slowly answered the call. He heard sniffling.

"H-Hey Tommy. Listen I'm sorry about everything I said to you- I'm stupid and I'm not good at uh...making friends. Would you wanna start over?"

Tommy stared at nothing, dumbfounded. "What the fuck are you on about?"