38. Regression and Confession

War Wan

"Ok. I will go with you." I said to the boy whose been giving me this weird oggly look from the very beginning. Is he seriously flirting with me? If so then I might use it to my advantage then. I smiled to him sweetly making his face go all red.

"Matthew? Isn't it? I like your name. Now hand me that vial, will you Mat?" I took a few steps closer extending my hand to his direction. I find it amusing to see the boy getting all this flustered and shy. I can't believe the academy sending this amateur baby. Am I a joke to them?

The boy immediately turned to his companion asking for the vial to give to me. Ah. So I am doing it just right. The art of seduction.

But before I could even step further, a pair of hands had grabbed me in both of my arms, pulling me back like I'm some kind of garter in a slingshot.

"No, you will not!" I found my self looking up to the fuming face of Yin who was clearly not happy with my decision, beside him stands V who was also frowning at me in his silent objection. I'm seeing two different persons but I am feeling the exact same energy from them, like they share the same emotions.

"War sensei, I don't think you should abide with their conditions." It was Nat who talked.

"Yeah. I don't think it's a good idea sensei." Sai said surprisingly agreeing with his ex lover. I saw Nat hopefully looking at Sai in gratitude.

"Aaaaaw! Why do you guys have to stop him? That's no fun at all!" The boy named Matthew whines in dismay. I know for a moment there he was expecting me to really come with them.

Really, come with them? Do all of these people thinks I am that naive? I admit I was too trusting when I was younger but does it reek that bad?

I exhaled loudly pulling my arms back from the two man holding it. This scene is too dramatic for it to be included in some South American telenovelas  my grandpa used to watch. V immediately let ho of my left arm but the insolent brat on my right refuses to let go. He kept on glaring at me as if making me know he doesn't trust what I am about to do next when he lets go of my arm.

"Let go." I told him in a dark voice.

"No! I don't trust what you are thinking." I was right with my assumption. But when did he ever trust me? Was it not because of his mistrust that we ended up like this? He mistrusted me that's why he abandoned me right?

"I know you don't. What will you do about it then? You can try stabbing me again." I tried laughing but the laughter was caught in my throat that instead, an awkward grunt emitted. I saw V flinching in my peripheral vision. Yin though stared down at me with his trembling eyes. I saw something in his eyes that aren't familiar to me. I can't name what it's called.

"Waaaar... forget about your ex boyfriend and come to me nah? I promise I wouldn't be as mean as him. There would be no stabbing, I promise. Well at least not 'that' kind of stabbing." I wasn't looking at the boy but I knew he was snickering while he was saying this. I'd love to see his snickering face later on after I am done with him.

"What are you thinking?" Yin whispered closer to my face, still not letting go of my arm. His pained reaction tells me he's getting anxious of trying to get inside my head.

"Why would I bother to tell you when you said yourself that you don't trust me?"

"War." He called my name much more softly this time, his grip loosening in my arm. This gave me the opportunity to free myself from his hands.

"Wait. What's happening?" I felt it before Sai could even asked. The hair at the back of my neck stands as an energy so powerful started to build up in the air.